High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kids and pets.....

+3
natemason5
thebiggfella
sgsims1
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kids and pets..... Empty Kids and pets.....

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:33 pm

My wife is not an animal lover, we live in a townhouse, and my 8 year old is getting pretty adamant about getting SOMETHING small and furry.....it's looking like a Guniea Pig at this point. I'm trying to convince him that it is not like a toy or video game that you can just cast aside when you get bored with it. Wish me luck making it through the weekend without a visit to the pet store! affraid

Last edited by Admin on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

https://hitinpractice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kids and pets..... Empty Re: Kids and pets.....

Post  thebiggfella Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:25 pm

So long as he realises the work involved in keeping one of those things and it will be him that's responsible for looking after it. Personally, I'd tell him that tough kids don't have cuddly, furry pets. They lift weights and play rugby (or American Football). Then I'd tell him "you're a tough kid, no softie pets in this house, you're not getting one!". Grrr Twisted Evil

On second thoughts, given the size of him (and more importantly, baring in mind how big he's going to end up), I'd just do as he asks!

Last edited by thebiggfella on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:33 pm

We had one of our sparring "fights" last night; which mainly consist of him practicing the fist, elbow and knee strikes I taught him on my battered body.....I'm hurting today and he's only eight!

BTW, one of the wife's friends jumped in with a great assist: her daughter did the same thing with a rabbit and grew bored quickly, so she offered to lend us the rabbit so mine could try it out for a week....I'm thinking that might cure him! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Admin wrote:
BTW, one of the wife's friends jumped in with a great assist: her daughter did the same thing with a rabbit and grew bored quickly, so she offered to lend us the rabbit so mine could try it out for a week....I'm thinking that might cure him! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I think that he will soon get fed up of looking after it, cleaning all the crap out of the hutch etc. That sounds like a good plan.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:21 pm

thebiggfella wrote:
Admin wrote:

I think that he will soon get fed up of looking after it, cleaning all the crap out of the hutch etc. That sounds like a good plan.

Well...that didn't work....Fluffy the Guinea Pig is the newest member of our familly this evening.... affraid Gotta admit, he's a cute little guy Embarassed
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:33 am

Admin wrote:Gotta admit, he's a cute little guy Embarassed

You're going soft Big Man!
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 am

thebiggfella wrote:
Admin wrote:Gotta admit, he's a cute little guy Embarassed

You're going soft Big Man!

Nah, I've always been a big softie....my boy was waiting in the driveway waiting for me to come driving down the street yesterday, and he's such a good kid that I can't say no to him. He has really bonded with the little critter, too! sunny
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  natemason5 Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:42 am

I've got a 3 month old daughter, Ella, and a pug named Dan that keep me pretty busy right now. I'd show you pics, but I can't seem to figure out how to get them on here. I don't have them on the web.

Nate
natemason5
natemason5

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:03 am

natemason5 wrote:I've got a 3 month old daughter, Ella, and a pug named Dan that keep me pretty busy right now. I'd show you pics, but I can't seem to figure out how to get them on here. I don't have them on the web.

Nate

Wecome Nate! I'm going to put up an sticky on posting pics...this site makes it VERY easy!
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:25 am

Admin wrote:
thebiggfella wrote:
Admin wrote:

Well...that didn't work....Fluffy the Guinea Pig is the newest member of our familly this evening.... affraid Gotta admit, he's a cute little guy Embarassed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:48 am

You seem to have someone locked up in that cupboard behind your boy. And that table could do with a rub down and varnish. Wink
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:24 pm

thebiggfella wrote:You seem to have someone locked up in that cupboard behind your boy. And that table could do with a rub down and varnish. Wink

Ha...didn't even notice that ghost image of you know who....and the table is supposed to look "aged"...go figure scratch
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 pm

.... and that mess on the floor needs clearing up. Also, what's with the minature 'crown' on your boy's head? The rodent looks happy though!
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:34 pm

thebiggfella wrote:.... and that mess on the floor needs clearing up. Also, what's with the minature 'crown' on your boy's head? The rodent looks happy though!
You have waaaaayyyyyy too much time on your hands! The crown is the top of some trinket on the shelf. You'll never make DC at this rate! Laughing

Last edited by Admin on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Admin wrote:
You have waaaaayyyyyy too much time on your hands! Floor "mess" is a rug and the crown is the top of some trinket on the shelf. You'll never make DC at this rate! Laughing

No, there's definitely a book or two lying on the rug along with some kind of silver tray. I'm just chilling now on a Sunday afternoon, relishing Mr. Button's win in the Chinese F1 Grand Prix! Very Happy

The 'crown' is something on the shelf? Oh. Laughing
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Kids and pets..... Empty Hmmmm

Post  Drew Baye Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Is it wrong that whenever I see a small animal my first thought is whether it would be better grilled or chopped up for stew?
Drew Baye
Drew Baye

http://www.baye.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave S Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 pm

If you dont mind I have a few kids and pets stories. The guinea pig story made me remember when my son was maybe 5. He tried to stuff the guinea pig into his playschool barn. They fight back. Then there was the time when I had two rottwielers. My female had a litter of pups. My son was around 3. We kept on of the pups. One time the pup s**t on the floor. He picked it up with one hand and began to squeeze in like putty.

Dave S

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:11 am

Admin wrote:
thebiggfella wrote:You seem to have someone locked up in that cupboard behind your boy. And that table could do with a rub down and varnish. Wink

Ha...didn't even notice that ghost image of you know who....and the table is supposed to look "aged"...go figure scratch

You should have ordered a puppy of Turpin!
EDIT: This would increase your range of "aged" furniture as well! Laughing

Guinea pigs are for girls! Razz
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  AceHIT Thu May 13, 2010 7:12 am

I had a goat as a pet once.

Then I ate it.

AceHIT

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Thu May 13, 2010 12:42 pm

AceHIT wrote:I had a goat as a pet once.

Then I ate it.
too funny....when my wife took my kid to Sudan last December, they were going to slaughter a sheep in celebration....she had to take him out of the house for the day Laughing
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Baye Thu May 13, 2010 12:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Attempting to overhead squat. He wanted to put the bar up on the hooks so he could swing from it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He's got his own dumbbells for working out along with mom and dad Very Happy
Drew Baye
Drew Baye

Back to top Go down

Post  AceHIT Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Drew

Make sure he lifts at 10/10.

His form needs to be tighter on the overhead dumbell press. Elbows are locking out...

Hehe

AceHIT

Back to top Go down

Kids and pets..... Empty 10/10

Post  Drew Baye Thu May 13, 2010 2:46 pm

No Super Slow in this house. I've tried to separate myself from it as much as possible.
Drew Baye
Drew Baye

Back to top Go down

Post  AceHIT Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Drew Baye wrote:No Super Slow in this house. I've tried to separate myself from it as much as possible.

Really?

Why is that, Drew?

AceHIT

Back to top Go down

Kids and pets..... Empty SS

Post  Drew Baye Thu May 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Mainly because Ken Hutchins and many of the SS "true believers" continue to make many claims about SuperSlow and training in general which are false and ignoring any evidence or argument that contradicts their views - which shows a total disregard for science.
Drew Baye
Drew Baye

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum