High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What about HGH

3 posters

Go down

What about HGH Empty What about HGH

Post  jriley353140 Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm new to High Intensity Training and I'm really starting to like it. I was Talking to a co worker about it and he started asking me if i was taking anything and i said only some protein mix. I'm not big into taking supplements but not opposed as long as there no bad side effects, he started to mention i should look into HGH which i know nothing about and should use a testosterone booster. Any ideas about this and if anyone has used HGH and has any success what brands should i look into. Thanks for the advice

jriley353140

Back to top Go down

What about HGH Empty Re: What about HGH

Post  T Knuckles Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:26 am

Hey jriley,

just to make things a little clearer for you, you can not buy human growth hormone legally to the best of my knowledge. You may be able to obtain it through some of these web sites that sell steroids. There are adds galore for them in muscular development if you want to look into it. I think they have certain ways of shipping to get around legalities, but to the best of my knowledge it's still all illegal (if anyone else knows different please feel free to correct my ignorance).

Human Growth Hormone is obtained by extracting it straight from the pituitary gland of cadavers. There may be synthesised versions but I'm not entirely sure. Also there are reported health concerns with legit HGH usage as well, but again I'm no real authority on this either.

What I can tell you is for starters training in true High Intensity Fashion promotes growth hormone to be released by the pituitary gland. Make sure as little rest as possible is taken between sets. When performing an isolation exercise followed by a compound ( i.e Dumbell Fly to Bench Press) make sure zero rest is taken, or just enough to move from one piece of equipment to the next and absolutely no more. Training in this fashion is quite good for stimulating growth hormone. It's really down to making sure as little rest is taken as possible, so if you're strong and fit a workout can realistically be performed in as little as 12 minutes, and if you are able to do it in such a time frame, you should be.

The full body compound barbell movements that work around multiple joints like the Barbell squat, and Barbell Deadlift are possibly the best weight exercises to perform in the interest of growth hormone release. Perform these movements with as much intensity as you are able to generate and you will be on your way to stimulating a good growth hormone response.

The next point i'd like to make for you is that in the presence of high blood sugar levels the pituitary gland will not release growth hormone. This is important to note because if you are taking any kind of natural growth hormone stimulator you need to make sure you have not taken in any carbs/ sugars around the time of dosing. I personally think that 2 hrs minimum of not eating anything before you dose is probably a good idea (at least this is what i do). But even if you're not taking anything for growth hormone you should still not eat any carbs 2 to 3 hrs before bed because you will block the release of any growth hormone you may have otherwise produced naturally i.e, from training.

Growth Hormone is released by the pituitary gland in pulses at night during rem sleep and is concentrated heaviest around the first 3 hrs of sleep, and then tapers off more and more as we move closer to waking.
This is why you should take any growth hormone stimulator at night just before bed and make sure you haven't eaten anything 2 hrs prior to going to bed( a protein shake that's very low in carbs is probably ok but I think if you want to ensure it's release don't take in any carbs at all at least 2 hrs before bed and everything should be good. A good indicator that you have released growth hormone during the night is you should feel more refreshed upon waking, but more so, you should have noticed more vivid dreaming patterns. You'll especially notice this if you don't really dream very much because you will notice that you've started dreaming more. This has happened to me recently since i've been strict on not really eating anything like 4 hrs before bed. I used to snake on carbs right up until bed time and have never really dreamed much at all. I purchased some growth hormone stimulators and learned of the blood sugar thing blocking it's release so i decided I'm not going to spend money on these things only to make them redundant by eating carbs around the time i ingest them. I personally believe it makes a big difference.

Finally, what are these natural stimulators?

There are some herbal products available where the active constituent has been derived from one or more plants and is said to boost growth hormone release a lot some companies report. USP Labs make one which is quite well known. I've tried using it but it played havoc with my stomach and it actually also stopped me sleeping which is odd but does happen. I read of one or two other people saying they couldn't sleep on it. I believe it's something to do with the herb used, as the herb Valerian root that is used as a natural sleep aid can actually inhibit sleep in some people, and I am one of those people. Perhaps the two herbs have a similar pharmacological response on the body. If you're interested the herb that company uses is called sappogins or pure sap.

Next, secretagogues like the amino acid Glutamine, and Arginine can stimulate it's release quite well, again don't take in any carbs around dosing with either of them though. I've read that Arginine is a Potent growth hormone stimulator, but the catch is you have to ingest 30g per dose which is a lot for an amino acid. It can be done easily of course and could well be worth it, but I think I read there is some concern for toxicity at prolonged dosing at that level( again I'm no authority on that fact though and more research should be done yourself if that's a course you're interested in).

It is said a 5g dose of glutamine is sufficient to stimulate the pituitary into releasing growth hormone so long as there is not elevated sugar in the blood. This is really worth it because glutamine is such a great amino acid and I think everyone training in High Intensity fashion should supplement with this amino. HIT is very very demanding on the nervous system and the immune system. As glutamine is the main source of fuel for the immune system via the gut it makes sense to me to supplement in reasonable doses. I personally have suffered with an auto immune disease since 14(I'm 31 now). I would regularly get sick after only a few months of training, and need to take a couple of months off before starting again. If I'm using glutamine regularly it seems to prevent this. I started training about 4 months ago after 14 months off and started supplementing with glutamine maybe a month before I started. I just made it through the flu season without getting the flu even though I was heavily exposed to it, it's the longest I've trained without having to take long periods of time off, and I've also put on 6 kilos. In my opinion glutamine is a miracle amino!

The hormone melatonin has an action on growth hormone release. The company Thorne makes a 5mg capsule which is good, and all their products are hypoallergenic.

I hope this is helpful,

Trent

T Knuckles

Back to top Go down

Post  T Knuckles Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Just a quick adjunct here, I forgot to mention the amino acid GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid). It has also been proven to promote growth hormone.

Trent

T Knuckles

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 am

I would have to agree with Trent on this one instead of taking the illegal HGH do your research and find natural boosters of growth hormone. My recommendation would be G.H.T. Stack from Sci-Fit I have used it and it works great improved my sleep and boosted recovery from session to session.

Just my thoughts

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: