High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about my routine

2 posters

Go down

Question about my routine Empty Question about my routine

Post  jriley353140 Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:24 pm

I just started with high intensity training and just finished reading High Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way. I just started off with the routine that was mentioned in the book which is
Workout 1
chest
back

Workout 2
legs
abs

Workout 3
shoulders
triceps

Workout 4
legs
abs
After each workout it says to rest 4-7 days im not sure if im understanding this right. Do i do all workouts 4 days staright then rest 4-7 days or workout 1 then rest 4-7 days.. If i do chest and back say on 9-19-11 i wont do them again untill 10-9-11 to me it just seems wrong it means im doing chest like once a month. Thanks if u can help

jriley353140

Back to top Go down

Question about my routine Empty Re: Question about my routine

Post  HDHITman Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 am

The set-up would be this:

WO1
rest 4-7 days
WO2
rest 4-7
etc.

Also I have done this exact routine as well and found that you can drop the 2nd leg workout and just do the three way split. Also if you are new to HIT and have taken at least two-three weeks from stopping your last training routine then I would say that you will do alright to in the below fashion:
Monday:
WO1
Wednesday:
WO2
Friday:
WO3

Monday Week 2 just repeat the above. The only caveat is that I would use Bill Sahli's Two Day Rule, you can find the article on this online just be doing a search will be a good reference on how frequently you can train.

Hope this help

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down