High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Mullen - Brief Background

Go down

Joe Mullen - Brief Background Empty Joe Mullen - Brief Background

Post  Fitness Scientist Fri May 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Joseph Mullen
PO Box 950723
Lake Mary, Fl

A brief overview of my background and experience

• At 10 years of age, I became interested in weight training. By the time, I was 15 years of age in 1952, I was an active member of a competitive YMCA Olympic weight-lifting team.

• Beginning in 1970, after 20 years of experience designing exercise programs with free weights, I became an original pioneer of the high-tech exercise boom, helping pioneer Nautilus equipment and exercise concepts.

• Over four decades of experience in fitness center management and marketing in all media formats. Also, wide-ranging experience in the design and implementation of time-efficient wellness and proactive physical therapy programs and creator of a unique staff training protocol used on local, regional, national, and international levels.

• Founded eight, NautilusMedx high-tech centers featuring supervised, HIT High Intensity Training Centers, featuring one-to-one exercise, physical therapy, enhanced work performance, and weight loss programs, using time efficient and cost effective techniques, helping to revolutionize the fitness industry.

• In the 1980s, as a staff member at the Headquarters of Nautilus Sports Medical Industries and The Nautilus Television Network in DeLand, FL., I helped establish Nautilus exercise equipment and exercise concepts worldwide. My duties included Producer of television programming; featured speaker at International seminars; media marketing; writing for Nautilus magazine; supervisor of corporate fitness programs; exercise research and consulting to fitness and medical professionals.

• Beginning in 1990, as the Regional Director of Northern California for the MedX West Corporation, the leading physical therapy testing, and rehabilitation Equipment Company, I founded its showroom and established the Healthy Back physical therapy health center; In addition, I established the first Fitness Therapy medical clinic. The Fitness Therapy concept is featured in the winter 1995 issue of The National Fitness Trade Journal as a breakthrough fitness system.

• Author of 13 books and numerous newspaper and national magazine articles. Including: Fitness Management, Nautilus Magazine, California Chiropractic, Iron Man, Muscle Training Illustrated, American Bodybuilder and Pump. Featured appearances on over 300 radio and television programs. Featured as a consumer advocate and professional in the field of fitness, proactive physical therapy, and work conditioning. A Consultant to the fitness and medical professions.

• Fitness Trainer and Consultant background at: Nautilus Headquarters, DeLand, FL; the Headquarters of Gold's Gym, Venice CA; the Santa Monica Athletic Club, Santa Monica CA.; In addition: the University of Massachusetts, Amherst MA; Nautilus Sports Medical of New England, Springfield MA; Holyoke YMCA Nautilus, Holyoke, MA, Nautilus of Amherst, Amherst, MA; and other facilities.

• A member of the American College of Sports Medicine; Certified by the University of Florida as a MedX Technician; Certified Apex Fitness and Nutritional Professional; and 2nd degree Reiki Practitioner, among others.

• Former National Judge of I.F.B.B (International Federation of Bodybuilders), A.A.U., (Amateur Athletic Union), was the governing associations for men and women's Physique competition, Olympic lifting, Power Lifting, and Arm Wrestling.

• Awarded the titles of: Western Massachusetts Olympic Lifting Champion; Massachusetts Olympic Lifting Champion; New England’s Strongest Man; East Coast's Strongest Man and New England Arm Wrestling Champion.

• Chosen by the I.F.B.B as an honoree team manager of the American Bodybuilding Team competition at the 1975 Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia Championships held in Pretoria, South Africa.

• Veteran: United States Air Force

I was lucky enough to make my hobby my life. It has been quite a ride.

============================

Joe Mullen
Fitness Scientist
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Fitness Scientist on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posting background and experience overview)

Fitness Scientist

http://joemullenfitness.com . . . . . .www.bodbuildinghighintens

Back to top Go down