High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

+2
Ciccio
HDHITman
6 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

Post  Silverback Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Great workout... HUGE Flyes Brotha!!! My shoulder would fall out of its socket with that!!! On your Smith presses, do you just add the weight put on??? I do prolly cause I have no idea what the bar weighs!!! Keep at it my Friend, maybe when I have decent enough numbers to post I'll start a journal!!!
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

Post  HDHITman Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:25 pm

To answer your question I only count the weight I put on the bar, because in a Smith Machine since the bar is on a guided track and almost frictionless, I believe it really has no weight to count in your journal.

Also I am sure that you have some journal worthy numbers that you can post here, and it helps to increase traffic to the forum.

Also check out Markus Reinhardt youtube channel and blog as he prepares for a MuscleMania, some great workouts he is posting.

All the best, hard work equals big numbers, and I will hopefully see your journal soon

Your Friend

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty HD Arms and Legs 10/14/10

Post  HDHITman Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:38 am

Overhead Ext(DB) 70x6
Dips 67.5x4
Tricep Pressdown 110x5
Incline Curl 35x6
Underhand Pulldown 205x6
Scott Curl 70x6

Stiff Legged Deadlift(DB) 50x10
Leg Curl 100x13

Substitutions and Additions
Sissy Squat 20x12
V-Squat 180x12

Notes:

Did not like the feel of Sissy Squats very hard on the knees, great for leg development but hard on me.
Might also add in something to warm-up the rotator cuff before triceps to get more power in the Dips, I am feeling as the weight get heavier that on the descent into extension my arms in the 90 degree angle want to buckle. My second feeling is going back to training biceps first to warm up the area better, and specifically train the brachialis and brachoradialis with incline hammer curls to strengthen my entire arm.

Any thoughts, questions, critiques welcome,

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Great Workout Brotha... I hear ya on the sissy squats, they shred my knee as well as full deads, thats why I use rack deads instead!!!
My cuff is sore as well, thats the injury I work around, sometimes it acts up and other times I'm fine... Makes me wonder if its arthritis sometimes instead of Cuff issues, the dr immediatly dismisses cuff since my strength hasnt been affected!!!

Gonna stick with the DC split for now... really feeling it so I will ride the train for now!!!
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Recently purchased 2 elbow sleeves to help keep blood around the joint.

New warm-up protocol before all workouts

5-10 minutes cardio
Rotator Cuff Warm-up

Workout 2 special instructions
Going to train biceps before triceps hopefully will warm up elbow better in more natural movement.
Elbow sleeves should help to keep blood flowing in the area.
Also thinking of upping my rep range to 8-10 to reduce stress and bring my weights down, also a logical idea due to the fact that those muscles get low rep stimulation from Chest and Back day.

Last resort would be to dump the dips period and replace with Decline Lying Tricep Extensions.
I feel that with my bodyweight of over 200 lbs and 70 extra lbs that the buckling that I feel evertime that I descend on the negative will lead to injury if I do not try the mentioned items.

Thanks, comments, questions and critiques welcome

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 am

I did perform a workout on Monday this week, but after getting about a third of the way through it the lack of sleep the night before and general lack of sleep that has been mainstain for me recently(wife is 20 wks pregnant and baby growing rapidly and moving alot so if she is having trouble sleeping so do I) So because the reason mentioned and I need a lay-off I will be taking the rest of this week and next week off to recover and upon returning will shrink my workout to a 4-way split performed using the same frequency of Monday and Thursday. With proper planning I will be able to train each bodypart once per week either directly or indirectly, instead of my current split where I train each bodypart at least twice per week either directly or indirectly.

So starting November 1st my new split will be

Workout 1: Chest/Biceps(D) and Triceps/Back(ID)
Workout 2: Legs(D) and Whole body(ID)
Workout 3: Back(D) and Biceps/Legs(ID)
Workout 4: Shoulders/Triceps(D) and Chest(ID)

(D): Directly (ID): Indirectly

Also will be incorporating the new stuff I mentioned in previous posts into this new split.

Thanks, comments, questions, and critiques welcome

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty My Updated HD Training Program

Post  HDHITman Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:51 pm

To remind you I will be training on Mondays and Thursdays every week with 1-3 low intensity cardio session of 25-30 minutes per week separate from my HD sessions.

Split:

Workout 1: Chest/Biceps
Workout 2: Legs
Workout 3: Back
Workout 4: Shoulders/Triceps

WO1: Chest/Biceps
Decline Press 1x6-8
Incline Press 1x6-8
Flyes 1x6-10
Incline Curls 1x6-8
Chin-Up 1x6-8
Scott Curl 1x6-8
Incline Hammer Curl 1x6-8
7 total working sets

WO2: Legs
Leg Ext 1x10-102
Leg Press 1x10-12
Squat 1x10-12
Leg Curl 1x10-12
Stiff Legged Deadlift 1x10-12
Calf Press 1x10-12
Seated Calf Raise 1x6-10
7 total working sets
14 total workings sets per week

WO3: Back
DB Pullover 1x8-10
Underhand Pulldown 1x8-10
Yates Row 1x8-10
Wide Grip Cable Row 1x8-10
Deadlift 1x8-10
5 total working sets

WO4: Shoulders/Triceps
DB Shoulder Press 1x6-8
Side Laterals 1x8-10
Cable Laterals 1x8-10
Reverse Flyes 1x8-10
Tricep Pressdown 1x8-10
Dips/Tricep Ext 1x8-10
Tricep Press 1x8-10
7 total working sets
12 total working sets per week
26 total working sets per 2 week period

That is the workout so comments, critiques, and questions welcome,

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Interesting workout my Friend!!! I'm considering going to a similar one, but on a M-W-F routine... I want to do this:

Chest/Delts/Biceps
Legs/Abs
Back/Traps/Triceps

Will have one more week on the DC split... then taking a week off and coming back with this routine, Hope all is going well with you, rest up and HIT it hard, Wishin nothin but the Best for you Brotha!!!
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:49 pm

That split was and still is the split that Dorian Yates used during his competitive career and also what he uses to train people now. If you check out the Blood and Guts 6 week Trainer topic in the Training Discussion section you can watch the videos and get the printable training logs as well. You should check them out they are really good. Might also be something you might be interested in trying as well.

Thanks Brotha

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Excellent... Thank you SO much... on my way to check out the logs!!!
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:15 am

Awesome, I was for sure that you would enjoy those as I did. I really liked them in the sense that Dorian made sure these guys understood the concepts and the fact that I have experience over you and these things that I am having you do is stuff that I would add if Dorian had the opportunity to do over. The tip I thought the most interesting is the warming up of the rotator cuff before all workouts. Just great videos, and if didn't realize it you can print out the workout logs in pdf format.

Thanks

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:37 pm

I must be an idiot, because I cant find the logs to print out...

Here is my program after I take next week off:

Workouts
A-Chest/Biceps
B-Legs/Abs
C-Back
D-Delts/Triceps

On a M-W-F schedule with legs being constant on wednesdays ( Always in between Upper routines)

EX:
Week 1 -
M-A
W-B
F-C
Week 2 -
M-D
W-B
F-A
Week 3 -
M-C
W-B
F-D
Week 4 -
M-A
W-B
F-C

repeat...

What thinks you my Brotha???
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Program Looks awesome, maybe this time you will be getting the numbers you want and they will be posting worthy and I will then be able to watch your progress as well. Also I did a solid for you so check your email today and I think you will find a great surprise.

Your Brotha in Iron

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Just an update for everyone that watches this topic, I will be back from my lay-off on Monday the 1st of November, so I will have a workout for you all to see on Tuesday morning.

Thanks

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:08 am

Mike,

Now that I think about it I really like your set-up, and if I do decide to go to a M/W/F split then I might just do what you are doing as regard to putting the Legs in between all upper body routines. It does look like a good routine, the only thing that I would mention is that watch the overlap on triceps, biceps and shoulders because some weeks they will be trained twice per week with the direct/indirect method so those bodyparts could overtrain very easily unless you in put in extra recovery into the program by randomnly not training them.

I would also take a play out of the Markus Reinhardt and Dorian Yates playbook as train balls-to-the-wall for 4-6 weeks then follow that up by a week or two of what I call chasing the pump (below failure) it will help take stress off the CNS and give the muscles an active recovery.

Any questions, comments, and critiques welcome my friend

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Excellent!!! Hope you try it,and I will definatly watch the overlap and overtraining... I think my shoulder will let me know that its time to back off and if its too much... hopefully it wont but I have also thought about that as well, thanks for lookin out... Appreciate that!!! Im really ready to HIT the new routine but know I need the rest so I will back off all next week and HIT it hard in a couple weeks!!! Thanks for the logs too, appreciate that my Brotha!!!
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 am

Yeah no problem, glad I could help you out. First workout back is today and I am pumped and ready to HIT it HARD.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty HD Chest/Biceps 11/1/10

Post  HDHITman Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:55 am

Decline Press 320x6
Incline DB Press 70x6
DB Flyes 70x5
Incline Curls 35x9 increase weight
Underhand Pulldown 205x7
Scott Curls 50x8
Incline Hammer Curls 30x4

All in all a good workout coming of a week and a half lay-off. As you can see I have lost reps in a few exercises but that is due the change in the order of when they are performed. I think I will also reduce the weight on the Pulldown to increase tension, and muscle fiber activation and give the back a little more indirect effect.

Comments, Critiques, questions welcome

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty HD Legs 11/4/10

Post  HDHITman Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Leg Ext 170x13 Increase weight
Leg Press 470x13 Increase weight
V-Squat 230x14 Increase weight I have decided I dont really like this machine will be switching to Smith Machine Front Squats
Leg Curl 110x11
Stiff Legged Deads 155x10
Toe Presses 180x12 Increase weight
Seated Calf Raise 100x6

Was a really good workout and I was very happy about it, but is very draining. So because of that fact I have rethought my split of workouts so that I can get extra rest from training the two largest bodyparts legs and back. So basically if those workouts are scheduled for Thursday then I will have total of 72 hours of recovery instead of them being performed on Thursday(Legs) and the following Monday(Back).

So if you have not been follow this thread here is my current split:

Workout 3: Back(D) and Biceps/Legs(ID)
Workout 4: Shoulders/Triceps(D) and Chest(ID)

As with what I mentioned above to allow for more recovery after training Legs and Back I will make it so those workouts are performed on Thursday only so the change will look like this:

Workout 3: Shoulders/Triceps(D) and Chest(ID)
Workout 4: Back(D) and Biceps/Legs(ID)

Comments, questions, and critiques welcome,

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman

Last edited by HDHITman on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additon)
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty HD Shoulders, Traps, and Triceps 11/8/10

Post  HDHITman Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:33 am

DB Press 55x6
Seated Side Laterals(DB) 20x14
Cable Laterals 25x10
Tricep Pressdown 110x6
Dips 50x6
Overhead DB Tricep Press 70x8
Shrugs 80x8

Overall a good workout, will have to lower my weights on the pressdown and dips to accomodate the increased rep range so that I can concentrate on the muscle not the weight. This way I can also keep my shoulders and elbows healthy. The elbow sleeve made a huge difference in my workout as well they were able to keep the elbows tight throughout the movement on all exercises and I didnt feel the buckling feeling that I get with the heavy dips.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty HD Back and Rear Delts 11/11/10

Post  HDHITman Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:51 pm

DB Pullover 85x10 increase weight
Underhand Pulldown 180x9
Yates Row 145x8
Wide Grip Row (HS Machine Row) 140x8
Reverse Flye 100x8
Bent-over DB Laterals 30x8
Deadlifts 315x5 (Awesome number have not deadlifted in 6 mnths and matched my Personal Record)

Overall a good workout. Was impressed with my numbers. I am possibly thinking of moving rear delts to the shoulder and tricep day and only doing one exercises for them like the reverse flye. Then to equal out set numbers I was possibly thinking of moving the shrugs to back day before deadlifts. Also to allow for extra recovery from full deadlift each workout I will do a different variation of the lift to work and strengthen different aspects of the ROM of the lift. Also toying with the idea of placing Deads in the first part of my workout to give me a psychological boost, which will make the weights on the other exercises seem easy and will help with setting me up neurogically.

Comments, questions, and critiques welcome.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty HD Chest/Biceps 11/15/10

Post  HDHITman Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Decline Press 320x7
Incline Press(BB) 140x8
Flyes 70x6
Incline Curls 40x6
BB Curl 60x7
Scott Curl 60x5
Incline Hammer Curl 30x6

Overall a great workout, only thing is that with the weight I am using on the Hammer Decline Machine I am finding it hard to stay seated so that takes away some of my focus. So I will start now by placing a 45 lb plate on me after I am seated to keep in weight into the seat, since their is not seat belt for it.

Also might switch some movements around starting to see a slight strength plateau on a few movements, so I am thinking of switching position of exercise or doing a similar movement but with a different piece of equipment.

Comments, questions and critiques welcome,

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty HD Legs 11/18/10

Post  HDHITman Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:30 am

Leg Ext 180x14 Increase Weight
Leg Press 560x11
Squat 180x10
Leg Curl 110x10
Stiff Legged Deadlift (DB) 60x10
Toe Presses 200x11
Seated Calf Raise 100x7

Overall a great workout, especially with my first experience with knee wraps and the confindence boost those things can give you, for me it was a 90 lbs increase on the leg press. The knee wraps will definitely stay in my arsenal. Also I am learning several ways to wrap my knees for the best support and least slippage for proper usage when training.

Comments, questions and critiques welcome.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 pm

GREAT workouts Brotha... Lookin Strong in here!!!
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 2 Empty HD Shoulders/Triceps 11/22/10

Post  HDHITman Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:48 am

DB Press 55x10
Side Laterals 25x12
Cable Laterals 30x11
Reverse Flye 25x15 (DB)
Triceps Pressdown 80x11
Dips 40x6
Decline Lying Triceps Ext 70x6

Overall a good workout, but there is stuff to tweak to further stimulate the muscles and put less stress on the elbows. So far because of my body weight and the weight I can handle on pressing exercise and in this case dips I am putting a lot of stress on them. With all that stress comes a little pain in them, that is why the purchase of elbow sleeves to help support them and it has helped to a degree, but the slight pain after training still exist, but only after triceps. I believe Mentzer had it right if you are using pre-exhaust the 3-5 rep range on dips is great, but if you are not and still using that rep range or one a slight bit higher is can be hell on your joints. So my first choice was to reduce all the weight in all my Triceps exercises and increase my cadence and focus on the muscle contraction(which I do every workout) but even doing that after dips the elbows were in pain. So I am taking this time to sort of rehab them by doing only isolation exercises for them and staying away from the dip for maybe 3-4 cycles of workouts before incorporating them back in or some sort of variation of the dip.

So my new Triceps routine will look like this:

Triceps Pressdown 1x6-10
Decline Lying Triceps Ext 1x6-10
Overhead Triceps Ext 1x6-10 (The One DB variety held with two hands

Also making a slight adjustment to rep range for all upper body exercises I will use either 6-8 or 6-10 depending the amount of stimulation that muscle needs, and I will increase the lower body rep range to 10-15 so I dont have the same problem with the knees that I am having with my elbows.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next