High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photo and Video Thread

+7
Jozzzef
Ciccio
natemason5
FiremanBob
thebiggfella
Turpin
sgsims1
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Photo and Video Thread Empty Photo and Video Thread

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:34 am

I know some of you have some great photos of your current condition, and sometimes "before and afters" like Glynn's. Post 'em here and I can even stick this thread at the top for motivational purposes. I've personally got some hideous "befores" from 35 lbs of fat-ago, but won't post them until my "afters" come close to Glynn or Adnan's.

I think all will agree that seeing what other's have accomplished on abbreviated routines is great motivation, as are videos like Mark's and Turpin's. Fell free to post links to those in this thread as well.

Just to make them easier to find and keep them at the top of this thread, here's the links to some excellent HIT- related You Tube channels:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Mark's (Mark HIT) channel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Turpin's channel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Glynn's (thebiggfella) channel

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add links)
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

https://hitinpractice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Photo and Video Thread Empty Re: Photo and Video Thread

Post  Turpin Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:48 pm

A few of me spanning some 25yrs;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A link to a few videos of my recent training ; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best wishes , T.
Turpin
Turpin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Looking good there T. Here's some of me:

Before and afters:

Recent ones taken on 23/03/10:

thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:17 pm

See folks, we have REAL HUMANS on this forum....not INTERNET-ONLY-EXPERTS Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Keep 'em coming! What a Face
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FiremanBob Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:54 pm

These are a great inspiration. I am still in similar shape to bigfella's before pic, so have nothing to show you as of now. I have real trouble sticking to the low calorie diet due to Freudian issues about eating. But I'm working on it.

FiremanBob

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:17 pm

FiremanBob wrote:These are a great inspiration. I am still in similar shape to bigfella's before pic, so have nothing to show you as of now. I have real trouble sticking to the low calorie diet due to Freudian issues about eating. But I'm working on it.

Join the club, Bob, I feel your pain....I've dropped 35lbs of fat over 2+ years and still feel like I'm the same as Glynn's before shot Evil or Very Mad Sad

Take some time to post about your diet challenges in that section of the forum and maybe we can all help. (Night eating is my particular unbreakable curse affraid )
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Well guys, I don't have much to offer yet, as I haven't gotten my leanness down to the level that I want for a good physique shot, but here's what consistent HIT and a reasonable fat-loss diet looks like on a very thin-framed guy (no, I refuse to use the "hardgainer" crutch!). A 12 minute workout, once every seven days, most resembling Mark's stuff, and no additional cardio = 35lbs. of fatloss; 32" waist at 6' 6" and at 46 years of age affraid

Last edited by Admin on Sat May 01, 2010 2:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  natemason5 Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:50 am

I'd gladly post some pics, but can't seem to upload!

Nate
natemason5
natemason5

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:43 am

natemason5 wrote:I'd gladly post some pics, but can't seem to upload!

Nate

Nate, good to see you here. Where are you uploading/linking them from? Mine are hosted at Photobucket and they appear with no problems.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:51 am

Image removed at posters request.

Last edited by thebiggfella on Sun May 09, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Image removed at posters request.)

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:20 pm

I'm digging that "roadmap" of vascularity on your forearms, Craig! Nice transformation from another "old guy". cheers
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Great stuff and all the better because it's been done with the right diet and only four minutes of training a week. None of that 'cardio' rubbish for you Craig, eh? That really is an incredible transformation. I love the long head emerging from your sleeve and also the forearm vascularity. You seem to be a bit leaner than in those full length photos of you in your shorts which you posted on your site. Am I right there?

I called my wife across to the pc and showed her the pics. She couldn't believe it was the same person until she compared the noses and established that they were the same!
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  natemason5 Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Normally I'm not computer illiterate, but for some reason I can't paste the URL on the image line.
natemason5
natemason5

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:10 pm

Turpin wrote:
Very Happy Incredible transformation , `well done` , Im gobsmacked & your web page is very informative too.

Best wishes , T.

Thanks, Turpin.

Glad you like the blog, too.

I was about to comment on your photos, T. The sepia one of you in a show looks like the it could have come straight from the pages of the old Ironman magazine.

I was very impressed with your workout videos.

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:22 pm

natemason5 wrote:Normally I'm not computer illiterate, but for some reason I can't paste the URL on the image line.

I just past the image code into the main text box thus:

[ IMG ][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] /IMG ]

But without the spaces obviously. Give that a try.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:26 pm

thebiggfella wrote:Great stuff and all the better because it's been done with the right diet and only four minutes of training a week. None of that 'cardio' rubbish for you Craig, eh?

Smile That's right, no cardio for me. Unless you include mowing the grass and carrying the shopping to the car.

thebiggfella wrote:That really is an incredible transformation. I love the long head emerging from your sleeve and also the forearm vascularity. You seem to be a bit leaner than in those full length photos of you in your shorts which you posted on your site. Am I right there?

I am a little leaner than in those photos but probably not much. I was careful to standardise the "before & after" photos on the blog. They are taken in my conservatory where there's lots of daylight so I look a bit flat. Add to that the lack of a tan and details like vascularity/muscularity become washed out.

Sometimes (at the right angle, in the right light, and on the right day!) I look a little more athletic.

thebiggfella wrote:I called my wife across to the pc and showed her the pics. She couldn't believe it was the same person until she compared the noses and established that they were the same!

Smile Made me laugh. There's just no hiding the old hooter, is there?!

When I met up with Mark last week we both commented on your new avatar. You really have come on a hell of a lot since your visit to Empire. Very impressive especially as I know just how much discipline it takes to stay lean. Well done, Glynn.

Last edited by Craig on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Craig wrote:

When I met up with Mark last week we both commented on your new avatar. You really have come on a hell of a lot since your visit to Empire. Very impressive especially as I know just how much discipline it takes to stay lean. Well done, Glynn.

Thanks Craig. The lighting's got a lot to do with it. Wink
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Admin wrote:Well guys, I don't have much to offer yet, as I haven't gotten my leanness down to the level that I want for a good physique shot, but here's what consistent HIT and a reasonable fat-loss diet looks like on a very thin-framed guy (no, I refuse to use the "hardgainer" crutch!). A 12 minute workout, once every seven days, most resembling Mark's stuff, and no additional cardio = 35lbs. of fatloss; 32" waist at 6' 6" and at 46 years of age

Three things:

Most guys would kill for a 32" waist!

99% of dieters are struggling to lose 5 pounds, let alone 35!

A lot of people I have known in the bodybuilding game (and this includes several well-known authors who write/wrote for magazines), don't practice what they preach. You, on the other hand, are a DOER. Which is rare.

Keep up the good work (with your training and the site)

Back to top Go down

Photo and Video Thread Empty Jozzzef's photos

Post  thebiggfella Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Jozzzef wrote:Beginning of 2008 and now. Long way. I lost altogether 31 kg from 113 to 82 kg. Now, I'm 90 kg. Not a super body, but I feel better and grow stronger.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpin Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 am

Great transformation Jozzzef , well done. And its great to put a face to posts cheers

Best wishes , T.
Turpin
Turpin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:13 am

Admin wrote:Well guys, I don't have much to offer yet, as I haven't gotten my leanness down to the level that I want for a good physique shot, but here's what consistent HIT and a reasonable fat-loss diet looks like on a very thin-framed guy (no, I refuse to use the "hardgainer" crutch!). A 12 minute workout, once every seven days, most resembling Mark's stuff, and no additional cardio = 35lbs. of fatloss; 32" waist at 6' 6" and at 46 years of age affraid

****EDIT: I post this photo with the realization that we may get branded as the "HIT forum run by a skinny guy". But to hell with it; I'm quite happy with my results!

Well done, Steve! that's quite an achievement.
But from this pic I can tell clearly that you now feel the tall and lean guy's pain of the life-long search for a fitting shirt. Laughing
Waist much too wide, cuffs too wide too and sleeves(mostly, if not searching for special long sleeves or compromising for a too wide neck) too short, plus (if you put in the training) arm pits too tight. I hate buying shirts! Evil or Very Mad

I bet it was easier for you in your fat days.

Franco
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  Jozzzef Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:24 am

Turpin wrote:Great transformation Jozzzef , well done. And its great to put a face to posts cheers

Best wishes , T.

Thank you Turpin. Still digging my way to something better.

You're pictures are amazing. On your legs pics, it's clearly visible that compounds are the size-enhancers.
It's taken me more than 1.5 years to shed 31 kg. Now, I'm up by 8 kg but mostly muscles I believe. I photo myself to gauge the progress.
Patience is a single word that bodybuilding teaches me amongst others.

Blessings,

Jozef

Jozzzef

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:32 am

Hey Jozz!

Glad to have you here on board! Nice transformation indeed. If I remember correctly you're my height (6'4")? And you're 90kg in that after pix?
I really wonder sometimes why I'm so light (87kg right now) and (at least in my mind) not looking worse. Must have especially light organs or something like that... alien

Franco
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  Jozzzef Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Ciccio wrote:Hey Jozz!

Glad to have you here on board! Nice transformation indeed. If I remember correctly you're my height (6'4")? And you're 90kg in that after pix?
I really wonder sometimes why I'm so light (87kg right now) and (at least in my mind) not looking worse. Must have especially light organs or something like that... alien

Franco

Hi Franco,

thanks. Old boys got together Very Happy Yeah, we're about the same height - you, Glynn and me.
I'm really trying to eat good low-carb diet. No hunger and lots of fun.
Bill helps me this time and it's working well. Getting stronger on each workout. He's a true master.

You also look great!
J

Jozzzef

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:46 am

Steve,

I know what you mean by "light structure", I suffer the same.
I always hated guys taller then me! Probably because it is (or was) such a rare thing in my youth. The first time I meet somebody higher then me I was 17 or 18 yo, it was a ~6'7" guy in a night club, outweighting me by at least 50 or 60 pounds. I almost started I fight with him. Laughing
Was one of those angry skinny guys in those days (you probably know what I mean do to your work). Twisted Evil
Don't worry, not any more (except somebody makes me really very angry Wink )!

Jozzzef,

thanks for the compliment. Good to hear your making progress!

Franco
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum