High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glynn "TheBiggFella" hits the mainstream!

+4
Jozzzef
thebiggfella
fantombe
sgsims1
8 posters

Go down

Glynn "TheBiggFella" hits the mainstream! Empty Glynn "TheBiggFella" hits the mainstream!

Post  sgsims1 Tue May 04, 2010 10:19 am

Check out this great article on Glynn! He can tell you guys more about the actual publication, but a big congrats goes out to our mod for "spreading the word"![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

https://hitinpractice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Glynn "TheBiggFella" hits the mainstream! Empty Re: Glynn "TheBiggFella" hits the mainstream!

Post  fantombe Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 am

Nice article, Glynn. What mag is it?

fantombe

Back to top Go down

Glynn "TheBiggFella" hits the mainstream! Empty Re: Glynn "TheBiggFella" hits the mainstream!

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Nice article, Glynn.

I bet that mag is on every coffee table at your work Smile

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Tue May 04, 2010 1:43 pm

fantombe wrote:Nice article, Glynn. What mag is it?

Thanks. The magazine is 'Healthy For Men' which is Holland & Barrett's (a health food shop chain in the UK) own magazine. You can only get it at their stores.

It's a decent article, I wasn't expecting as much detail. That diet example they gave is really a non-training day one and I don't have as many of those protein drinks now, more whole food. Also, since the interview, my routine has been tweaked a bit and there is less volume but it's not a million miles away from the one that is listed.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Craig wrote:Nice article, Glynn.

I bet that mag is on every coffee table at your work Smile

Craig

Thanks Craig. Not yet, assured my work colleagues will be made aware!
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  fantombe Tue May 04, 2010 2:08 pm

thebiggfella wrote:
fantombe wrote:Nice article, Glynn. What mag is it?

Thanks. The magazine is 'Healthy For Men' which is Holland & Barrett's (a health food shop chain in the UK) own magazine. You can only get it at their stores.

It's a decent article, I wasn't expecting as much detail. That diet example they gave is really a non-training day one and I don't have as many of those protein drinks now, more whole food. Also, since the interview, my routine has been tweaked a bit and there is less volume but it's not a million miles away from the one that is listed.

You do have to consider they will adapt it to match what they sell.

I'll pick one up when I'm out tomorrow to support the cause.

fantombe

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Tue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm

fantombe wrote:

You do have to consider they will adapt it to match what they sell.

I'll pick one up when I'm out tomorrow to support the cause.

Well, I was expecting a bit of artistic interpretation here and there, but to be honest I'm happy with the article. I certainly wasn't expecting so much detail. I was half expecting the HIT side of things to be glossed over but I don't think it was. They even mentioned that I don't do any 'warm-ups' which was good.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  fantombe Tue May 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Funnily enough, smaller magazines, particularly those by shops like H&B and GNC are less fussed about the training side of things than, say Men's Health or Men's Fitness who need to appease the more varied advertisers. H&B need to shift their Whey Protein (I'm quite surprised they didn't put you on a load of fat burners and other nonsense actually!), but they're less fussed about the training side of things as it doesn't affect their products.

At the end of the day, there's 101 ways you can train to reach the same goal, all they care about is the supplementation that goes with it!

fantombe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jozzzef Wed May 05, 2010 12:34 am

Nice article and pictures. Unfortunately, not much was written about the HIT theory as such and it's logic.

Jozzzef

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Wed May 05, 2010 1:49 am

Wow, Glynn is becoming a celebrity in the UK! Laughing

Next we hear, he will be in playgirl magazine. lol!
(Obviously I'm envious) Wink

Seriously, nice small article with no mumbo-jumbo.

Franco
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpin Wed May 05, 2010 9:16 am

Ecxellent stuff Glynn , I`ll go get a copy today.

Well done , T.
Turpin
Turpin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Wed May 05, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks for the comments. The article is much better than I thought it was going to be. For a start, the ‘Transformed’ articles that I’d read in the past were just one page and I got two! But my main worry was that they would barely mention HIT at all but they did. Jozzzef, I know what you’re saying about it not going into the theories behind HIT and so forth, but they’ve only got a limited amount of space to get the story across. I’m just grateful they said what they did about it.

They’ve given the basics, mentioning Mike Mentzer, one set to failure, brief, intense and infrequent workouts and no warm-up (for me anyway). I think that’s enough to get readers thinking about it, and maybe even trying HIT for themselves.

I think they’ve done a decent job in conveying the methods I have used in achieving my ‘transformation’.

As for appearing in Playgirl magazine, I think my bosses at work would have something to say about that! Wink
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  fantombe Wed May 05, 2010 10:04 am

Got mine today. Nice one Glynn. Very Happy

fantombe

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Wed May 05, 2010 11:07 am

fantombe wrote:Got mine today. Nice one Glynn. Very Happy

Thanks. Hopefully, it'll help a few more folk realise the benefits of HIT and a healthy, balanced diet. (There's too many protein drinks in that diet example which is basically my feeds for a non-training day, not a training day. I reckon I'll average around two a week now).
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  fantombe Wed May 05, 2010 11:22 am

I wouldn't worry about that. I think everyone on here would take that you don't neck all the shakes they say as a given, given the publisher of the article.

fantombe

Back to top Go down

Glynn "TheBiggFella" hits the mainstream! Empty I'm Impressed!

Post  Fitness Scientist Thu May 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi Big Fella

Although I have had limited time to browse this site, I finally got to see your newspaper article.

You really did a great job with your physique. Congratulations.
Continued success!

May the rest of your life be filled with health, happiness, and prosperity!

Joe Mullen

Fitness Scientist

http://joemullenfitness.com . . . . . .www.bodbuildinghighintens

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Fri May 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Hello Joe. Thanks for your comments, they're much appreciated.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  cmurway Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Great Article! Great Stuff!!
cmurway
cmurway

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:34 pm

cmurway wrote:Great Article! Great Stuff!!

Thanks. I think it turn out pretty well and the concept of HIT was well covered.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum