High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your hobby OUTSIDE of the gym?

+7
FiremanBob
natemason5
Paulus
thebiggfella
Turpin
Drew Baye
sgsims1
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's your hobby OUTSIDE of the gym? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your hobby OUTSIDE of the gym?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Turpin wrote:Cheers Nate , The breed is often misrepresented in the media due in part to some of the f*ckwits who own them for the wrong reasons & also the well intended who treat them like babies and wonder why they end up with a dominant dog they cannot control , both scenarios again putting the breed as a whole in a bad light.

Handsome looking, Staffs, T.

We had a Staff for the best part of 10 years - Casey. He was a lovely dog. Wonderful temperament but, like you said, a dominant little bugger. Very wilful. We had never owned a dog before, but I immediately realised that he needed a master so I had to assume the position of pack leader.

I always fed Casey after we had eaten, never allowed him on the furniture, and he always slept in his own bed. One Monday morning I nipped home in the works van to pick up something I had forgotten and there was Casey asleep on the bed with my wife! Monday was my wife's day off and it turns out it had been going on every week!

She was number five in the pack after me, Casey and our three cats!

I have lots of stories about Casey - as I'm sure you must have about your dogs. He was quite a character and he could fart like the devil!

BTW, T, I have to take issue with you for posting the cute photo of those pups in the cardboard box. My wife caught sight of them and now she wants me to take her to the RSPCA to get a dog! Thanks.

Craig

Last edited by Craig on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

What's your hobby OUTSIDE of the gym? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your hobby OUTSIDE of the gym?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Paulus wrote:Sadly my 52' B33 is in dry dock at the moment as I'm halfway through de-rusting and sealing the tank. Modern petrol is not kind to old metal Smile

Christ, Paul, I thought you just bought the magazines! I didn't realise you were serious. They are the shiniest old bikes I've ever seen. Will you be riding the Wall of Death anytime soon?

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulus Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Craig wrote:
Paulus wrote:Sadly my 52' B33 is in dry dock at the moment as I'm halfway through de-rusting and sealing the tank. Modern petrol is not kind to old metal Smile

Christ, Paul, I thought you just bought the magazines! I didn't realise you were serious. They are the shiniest old bikes I've ever seen. Will you be riding the Wall of Death anytime soon?

Yep! I'm halfway through building a Wall of Death in the garden. I've got to finish the TT circuit round the chicken Run first Smile One corner is particularly hazardous as you have to avoid a full wheelbarrow, a lawn roller and a dog.
Paulus
Paulus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:16 am

What a great photo,the puppies in the box.

I have only had one dog. He was a British Bulldog named Duke. Unfortunately he had quite a few health issues,and we spent too long at the vets. Still he was quite a character,he passed away about 5 years ago at the age of 10.

As for other hobbies I spend quite a bit of my spare time travelling all over the country watching live music. I started watching live music at the age of 16 which was in 1977 when in the UK we became introduced to Punk Rock. I loved the Sex Pistols.The Clash, The Damned,and many more. In the 80's I was into Morrisssey and the Smiths,the late 80's The Stone Roses. Although personally I thought the 80's was not a brilliant time for music. In the 90's we had what was termed 'Brit Pop, and I got into Oasis, Blur,Pulp. I am still a massive fan of Oasis,although they split last year.

I still go concerts as often as I can, and particularly enjoy going to music festivals. Groups I am currently watching as often as I can are Twisted Wheel, The Paddingtons and The Enemy.

Back to top Go down

Post  FiremanBob Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:05 am

Sea kayaking, building furniture, shooting, and restoring/riding motorcycles.

FiremanBob

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:28 pm

FiremanBob wrote:Sea kayaking, building furniture, shooting, and restoring/riding motorcycles.

What kind of bikes are you restoring, Bob? Let's see some pics! Exclamation
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

https://hitinpractice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FiremanBob Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 pm

This year's project is a 1964 Honda CB77, the same year and model that Robert Pirsig rode across the country when he wrote Zen and the Art. I just sold my 1985 Honda V65 Sabre and am already regretting it. You can't find a better bike than those big V4s.

I forgot my other hobby, which should be obvious: volunteer firefighting. There is no adrenalin rush in civilian life like running into a burning building with a hose in your hand.

FiremanBob

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave S Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:43 am

Playing the guitar. (blues)

Dave S

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 am

Great dogs, T.

Here's my wife training our RR (which isn't easy as you might know):

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:40 am

Here another when a friend past by unattentively... Twisted Evil

Best,
Franco
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Nice dog Franco. Motorbikes and Dogs are certainly popular. Franco, did you check out the video I put on the F1 thread or is the memory of a Button, Hamilton one two too painful for you to see again? Laughing
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 pm

thebiggfella wrote:Nice dog Franco. Motorbikes and Dogs are certainly popular. Franco, did you check out the video I put on the F1 thread or is the memory of a Button, Hamilton one two too painful for you to see again? Laughing

It is indeed! Crying or Very sad

Naa, Vettel will be back next race! Twisted Evil
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpin Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Ciccio wrote:Great dogs, T.

Here's my wife training our RR (which isn't easy as you might know):

Very nice looking dog Franco , and nice and fit looking too ( wouldnt expect much else LOL)

Best wishes , T.
Turpin
Turpin

Back to top Go down

What's your hobby OUTSIDE of the gym? - Page 2 Empty latest acquisition....

Post  sgsims1 Thu May 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Sold the watch at the top of the thread to a friend and picked up this baby....custom made in Hong Kong:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

https://hitinpractice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AceHIT Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:01 am

I like writing poetry and watching art-house movies.

Used to play cricket but ''retired'' from the game two years ago.

Ditto with squash.

I do play chess and would gladly give Glynn a game (how's that for alliteration?!).

I'm a fan of dogs as well but have never had the space to keep them; Dubai isn't really the place for dogs (too hot, too crowded) and London, well I've only got a wee flat in London...

Turpin, your dogs are magnificent beasts.

AceHIT

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:06 pm

Ride Motorcycles, and Martial Arts!!!
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2