High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

+2
Ciccio
HDHITman
6 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty HD HIP Dips/AW 5/12/11

Post  HDHITman Fri May 13, 2011 10:48 am

Dips with Fat Gripz 40x5
Bent-over Rows 185x15 increase weight next workout
Tricep Pressdown with Fat Gripz 90x15 increase weight next workout
DB Curls with Fat Gripz 40x8

10 minute cooldown post workout(side not has helped with recovery by helping pump blood through my system and remove lactic acid much faster)

Overall a good workout numbers are moving in a direction of progress and I am happy for that. I am continuing to make gains in size, strength and decreasing bodyfat with my current training and nutrition losing around 2-3 lbs per week Anabolic Diet/Leangains/Paleo style. I have also added in a little of conditioning work into the program doing at least 10 hill sprints 3 nonconsecutive days during the week this helps to get me into ketosis faster and helps maintain it after the workout on Monday.

Comments, Questions, Critiques Welcome

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty HD HIP Squat/AW 5/16/11

Post  HDHITman Tue May 17, 2011 10:23 am

Squat 230x8
Weighted Hyperextensions 50x15 increase weight next workout
Hip Thrusts 135x12
Incline DB Hammer Curls (Fat Gripz) 35x10

Overall a good workout strength and mass are continuing to go up while body fat is melting away at around 1.5-3lbs per weeek, which is slow but guarantees that I am losing only fat with no muscle loss.

I am thinking about doing a show in October in Cedar Rapids, Iowa so that I can earn what the promoters are calling a Beast Award. To earn the Beast Award one must compete in the 1: natural bodybuilding show (drug and polygraph tested) 2: compete in the raw bench/deadlift show (drug and polygraph tested) and 3: do a hill climb. This sounds very fun and exciting and I plan to train and diet for it, and if things keep progressing as they are I will assuredly be ready for it by October 22nd.

Comments, Questions, Critiques Welcome,

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

Post  Merc Wed May 18, 2011 2:13 am

HDHITman wrote:
I am thinking about doing a show in October in Cedar Rapids, Iowa so that I can earn what the promoters are calling a Beast Award. To earn the Beast Award one must compete in the 1: natural bodybuilding show (drug and polygraph tested) 2: compete in the raw bench/deadlift show (drug and polygraph tested) and 3: do a hill climb. This sounds very fun and exciting and I plan to train and diet for it, and if things keep progressing as they are I will assuredly be ready for it by October 22nd.

I say go for it. It would be interesting if you could post periodic updates on your preparation and such leading all the way up to the contest.

Merc

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

Post  HDHITman Wed May 18, 2011 10:04 am

Merc,

That was my plan all along to keep everyone posted, but since it will be more of contest prep journal as well I will be posting more diet stuff and other training information as I prepare for this show.

Thanks

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman

Last edited by HDHITman on Wed May 18, 2011 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changes)
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty HD HIP Miliatry Press/AW 5/19/11

Post  HDHITman Fri May 20, 2011 10:05 am

Military Press 125x7
Pull-up BWx5 (pronated) x2 (supinated) x1 (neutral)
Dips BWx15 increase weight next workout
DB Preacher Curl 25x11 each arm with Fat Gripz
Reverse One Arm Pressdown 30x9 each arm with Fat Gripz

Overall another great training and conditioning workout everything is progressing in the right direction. Nutrition is doing well also losing bodyfat and increasing lean muscle and that is what I want.

As you can see instead of doing some type of Hammer or Cable Pulldown I have switch to the Pull-Up because as a bodybuilder and strength athlete I have come to realize that if I want to progress in size and strength the harder exercises will get me there. So my new mantra is THE HARDER THE EXERCISE THE BIGGER I WILL BE!!!

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty HD HIP Deadlift/AW 5/23/11

Post  HDHITman Tue May 24, 2011 10:18 am

Deadlift 330x6
Substitution due to the fact leg press was be volumized
Leg Ext 140x14 non lock style
Pull Through (Cable) 80x12

Power Hold (Grip) 135x25secs Did use Fat Gripz here as well.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty HD HIP Dip/AW 5/26/11

Post  HDHITman Fri May 27, 2011 10:27 am

Dip 40x6
Bent-over Row 205x11
Incline DB Press 70x10
Tricep Pressdown 95x7 with Fat Gripz
EZ Bar Curl 40x12 with Fat Gripz

Overall a great workout and I am very pleased with the numbers, I think my only snag is that I am warming up to much for my on the Dip and Military Press workout. I think this is happening because I am doing a rotator cuff warm-up first and I have been trying to do at least 3 warm-ups before my main lift and after further investigation I believe this to taking to much strength from the shoulders and those lifts are suffering greatly from this.

Also this workout I did add a set of incline presses to prioritize the higher end of my pecs to fill in the area around my clavicle with this and the military press should do the trip to fill in some weak areas in my physique.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty HD HIP Military Press/AW 5/31/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 am

First off I would like to say that this workout is not in it's normal rotation, but due to circumstances of my partner have work committments I put this workout in place of my normal Squat one.

Military Press 130x5
Chin-Up BWx6 (Shoulder width grip) x3 (Underhand grip) x2 (Neutral grip)
Dips BW+15x9
DB Curl with Fat Gripz 40x13
One Arm DB Overhead Ext 20x15 ea arm

Overall a good workout, but really need to work on my Chin-up strength. For this I might do a combination of positive and negative reps to ensure that I am making rep records after each performance of the exercise.

On a side note will be posting my workout for the next cycle soon to get everyone's feedback and see if I can improve.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty HD HIP Squat/AW 6/3/11

Post  HDHITman Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:05 am

Squat 245x5
Weighted Hyperextensions 60x12
Hip Thrusts 135x20 increase weight next workout

Overall I was pleased with this workout and I am making progress in size, strength and leanness, so as long as I continue to manage the stress of training and life and keep the nutrtion a solid part of both I will reach my goals.

On a side note I did just the weighted hyperextensions up to quickly because I misread my journal so I might lower and shoot for more reps from my previous journal entry.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques Welcome.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty HD HIP Deadlift/AW 6/7/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:15 am

In this workout I planned to manage some stress since the previous day I had to mow in the heat of 98 degrees so I knew that was going to play into my workout so I reduced the workout to as follows:

Deadlift 350x3
Cable Crunch 80xfailure
Power Hold 185x30sec

Overall a great workout, and with managing the stress as I did. I did not feel trashed as I would have if I would have done the workout as written. I am continuing to make progress and I am ready for Friday to start the next complete cycle (3 full rounds of each workout) and see where my strength and size end up.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty Update

Post  HDHITman Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 am

Here is an update of what is going on:

1. As of today I have started my 18 weeks (will allow to peak 1 week prior to show) of contest prep for a BB/Powerlifting Show with Hill Climb on October 22nd 2011.

2. Getting bodyfat tested today to see where I am at and if 18 weeks will get me into contest shape of 4% BF.

3. Diet will continue to be a Ketogenic Style, but with clean carb ups except dessert will be allowed on Friday and Saturday night for dinner. My bodyfat losses will be 80% diet and 20% increased activity of the cardio nature for a slow loss 1.5 lbs of weight loss per week.

4. Here is my current training cycled based on Wendler 5/3/1 and High Intensity Powerbuilding.

WO1:
Dips 5/3/1
Bent over Rows 1x9-15
Side Lateral 1x9-15
Tricep Pressdown/Tricep Ext 1x9-15 (Bi lateral)
Bicep Curl 1x9-15 (Bi lateral)

WO2:
Squat 5/3/1
Weighted Hyperextension 1x9-15
Hip Thrusts 1x9-15

WO3:
Military Press 5/3/1
Pull-Up 1x9-15
Dip/Incline or Decline Press 1x9-15
Overhead DB Ext/Reverse One Arm Pressdown 1x9-15 (Uni-lateral)
DB Curl/Incline DB Hammer Curl 1x9-15 (Uni-lateral)

WO4:
Deadlift 5/3/1
Leg Press 1x9-15
Abs 1xfailure

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO1: 6/10/11

Post  HDHITman Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 am

Dips BW+20x9
Bent-over Row 205x13
Side Lateral-used 21 on 20x7 FRx7 TRx7 BR
Tricep Pressdown 95x11 Fat Gripz
Bicep Curl 40x13 Fat Gripz

Overall a good workout, and now that I have gotten serious about competing I hope workouts will only get more intense as my conditioning goes up, and my bodyfat comes down.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty Current Stats 6/13/11

Post  HDHITman Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Total body mass: 229
Lean body mass: 188
BF%: 17.9
Fat mass current: 41lbs

Desired for contest

BF%: 4%
Fat Mass: 9.2lbs

18 Week Contest Prep
41-9.2=31.8/18=1.77lbs loss per week
3500*1.77=6195/7=885 calorie deficiet per week

For that deficiet to be effective it will be a combination of diet, training, and extra activity (HIIT, LISS, strongman drills, and making a effort to walk everyday).

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO2: 6/14/11

Post  HDHITman Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Squats 225x7
Weighted Hyperextensions 60x13
Decline Sit up 1xfailure

Overall a short but very effective workout was very winded after the squats, but was pleased with performance. I am continuing gain progress in all my workouts and very much becoming a stronger and more efficient squatter now that I have gotten my form and stance down.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO3: 6/17/11

Post  HDHITman Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:11 am

Military Press 120x8
Pull-up BWx7(wide)x1(underhand)x1(Neutral)
Incline Barbell Press 155x10
Overhead DB Ext 25x10 Fat Gripz
Incline DB Curl 25x15 Fat Gripz increase weight next workout

Overall a good workout, still struggling with the Pull-up but I will try to figure something out so that I can build a strong and muscular back and complete the tower of power that is what I want to become. Weighed in this morning at 224.4 at 7:05 am 6/18/11 so on Monday 17 weeks left to go on this contest prep.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bmalcolm Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:10 pm

How was the contest in may? Any pics?

Bmalcolm

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Bmalcolm

I did not end up competing in May due financial reasons, wanted to spend time with my family and our son Cooper that was born in March. I decided very early on that dealing with a pregnant wife during a contest prep would not go well for me to do and well and that would also have two stressed out people in the family that family stability does not need especially with a 7 year old daughter that was super excited about the addition.

Thanks for watching the journal,

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
(Admin)

P.S. I am though competing October 22nd in a Natural Bodybuilding Show, Bench/Deadlift (part of the show), and a hill climb (part of the show) to earn a Beast Award to compete in all three and I hope to learn what is takes to be a Natural Bodybuilder.
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO4: 6/21/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:17 am

Deadlift 320x6
Leg Ext (Substitution) 120x21x12x11
Swiss Ball Crunch 1xfailure

Overall a short, productive, and great workout, I subtituted in Leg Ext for Leg Press due to some inexperience high school kids were yet again volumizing the machine and using little weights. Could forgo all of it and us Front Squats instead for a few cycles but we will see. Diet going great because I still feel strong and still making gains.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO1: 6/24/11

Post  HDHITman Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Dip BW+30x7
Bent-over Row 205x15x6 R/P increase weight next workout
Side Laterals 20x21x8 partials increase weight next workout
Tricep Pressdown 95x15 w Fat Gripz increase weight next workout
Barbell Curl 65x10 w Fat Gripz

Overall a great workout increased weight and/or reps with every exercise and I felt strong during the whole workout. I am trying out two new supplements from Labrada Nutrition, one is called HICA-MAX and the other is Humanogrowth and with just one day of use before this workout call really tell a difference.

On a side note on my diet I have since incorporated protein pulse feeding into it so that I am able to use that for a more anabolic response to aid recovery and materials needed for muscle growth during this time of reduce calories on my keto diet.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO 2: 6/28/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 am

Squat 235x8
Weighted Hyperextensions 60x15 increase weight next workout
Cable Crunch 60xfailure

Overall a great workout felt really strong on squats and hopefully that progress with pay off with some new size, and bodyfat loss.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques Welcome

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO3: 7/1/11

Post  HDHITman Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:53 pm

Military Press 125x7
Pull-Up BWx3 Overhand x3 Underhand x3 Neutral
Incline Press 155x11
Incline DB Curl 30x10 with FG
Overhead DB Ext 25x12 with FG

Overall another good workout and still making progress as it should be. Giving more thought to an even more abbreviated routine and possibly shrinking to a 3 way instead of a 4 way split.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO4: 7/5/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:22 am

Deadlifts 340x3

As you can see I only did this exercise today and got out of the gym. I was okay with that number, but disappointed in the fact I felt I had more in me for at least 3 more reps. I attribute this to what feels like a slight calf strain and the fact that my grip is not building up fast enough to handle the weight I am pulling or pushing. So in a few days I will be posted my updated training program and will making it a priority to incorporate grip and forearm work into the program either during a workout day or during off days will do something to improve these weak areas.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty Training Routine Revision 7/7/11

Post  HDHITman Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Going to try an even more basic routine and a slight reduction in volume:

WO1:
Squat
Chest Dip
Bent-Over Row
Close Grip Bench Press

WO2:
Deadlift (starting 2 inches below knee)
Military Press
Pull-Up
Barbell Curl

I believe this program with give me all the basic to build a strong and muscular foundation to build upon and fine tune later into my contest prep specifically going a HIT program more bodybuilding geared with use of pre-ex and post-ex for higher calorie burn.

I will follow these tenets for this to stay a productive routine:
1. Manage Volume
2. Manage Stress (This will be accomplish by changing of exercises from compounds to isolations or higher reps on occasion.
3. Manage Frequency
4. Keeping extra work for smaller bodyparts to a minimum.
5. Addition of about 20g extra carbs above my max of 30g per day on my Ketogenic Diet on training day meaning 10g before and 10g after in my pre and post workout shakes.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques Welcome,

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO1: 7/8/11

Post  HDHITman Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Squat 250x5
Dip BW+45x5
Bent-Over Row 225x5
Close Grip Bench Press (from dead stop at bottom) 155x5

Overall this workout is shorter and more intense but without the post workout exhaustion and DOMS the next. I feel that I got a results producing workout but can still function because sometimes have gotten almost painful DOMS that hinders things outside of the gym.

Overall I think I will like this 2-way split since it abbreviated, intense, and productive to my physique goal.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 5 Empty WO2: 7/12/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:23 am

Deadlift 360x3
Military Press 135x5
Pull-Up BWx5 Neutral Grip
Barbell Curl 75x8 increase weight next workout

Overall a good workout, but it is becoming quite apparent that I will need to improve my grip quickly or many of my weights are going to be hard to move. I will say I blame myself for this by believing in that to make progress you had to take out the weak links and anything that you can do isolate the muscle for a better contraction was worth it. I guess what I am trying to say because I the above I used a combination of wrist straps, hooks, and Flexsolate straps to further the intensity of the exercise I thought, now I believe I did myself a huge disservice.

So while still maintaining the principles of HIT I will do my best to train the wrists, forearms, grip, and the sinews (through heavy partial rep training) with different techniques to increase their strength and in some cases mass as well. I am a firm believer now after reading much of Brooks Kubiks articles and two of his books that if you do not have the strength and mass in the above mentioned you will limit the overall potential of the development of strength and mass throughout the body.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques Welcome

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next