High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

+2
Ciccio
HDHITman
6 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD Back 11/25/10

Post  HDHITman Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:01 pm

DB Pullover 90x6
Underhand Pulldown 180x10
Yates Row 145x10
Wide Grip Cable Row 110x8
Shrugs 80x10
Rack Deads 315x6

Wrist Rockers 30x15

Overall a decent workout, but there are many things currently that I will need to tweak to ensure further growth and bodyfat loss. Also need to stay more consistent on rep ranges and many other things. Might also look into changing the split a little just to something I like a little more, current split seems very odd to me. So if you see some changes dont be alarmed it will all work its way out and I will still be putting up big numbers.

Comments, Questions, Critiques welcome.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD Chest/Biceps 11/29/10

Post  HDHITman Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:23 am

DB Flyes 70x11
Supersetted with
BB Decline Press 185x3
Incline Press (SM) 160x6
Incline Curl 40x7
Supersetted with
Preacher Curl 30x4
Scott Curl 60x6
Incline Hammer Curls 30x8

Overall a good workout, but I am working to reduce volume, reduce workout time, and allow for better recovery. Re-introduce DC style extreme stretching (loaded stretches) post bodypart training to aid recovery and stretch the fascia encasements. So I will be changing things soon and will fill everyone in by next workout.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques Welcome

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD Legs 12/2/10

Post  HDHITman Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:29 am

Leg Ext 190x13
Leg Press 560x15 increase weight
Squat-skipped, someone voluming up the Smith Machine
Leg Curl 110x13
Stiff Legged Deads 165x10
Toe Presses 200x16 increase weight
Seated Calf Raise 100x9

Overall a great workout, making great progress in leg development with the addition of the knee wraps for leg training, with the added confidence those allow me, the more overload on my legs I can handle. Still working out some changes on a few exercises due to I believe a strength plateau on them more specifically the Hammer Strength Decline Press and the Lat Machine Underhand Pulldown. On a side note my legs are fried and really feeling it today, oh do I hate desk job after leg training.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD Shoulders/Triceps 12/6/10

Post  HDHITman Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:56 pm

DB Press 60x12 increase weight
Side Lateral (DB) 30x8 going to try micro loading here possibly
Cable Lateral 32.5x11 increase weight
Reverse Flye 105x8
DB Shrugs 90x8
5 min rest
Triceps Pressdown 90x10 increase weight
Decline Lying Triceps Ext 70x8
Kneeling Triceps Ext 40x8

Overall a great workout, everything training oriented is falling correctly in the physique puzzle, the nutrition is starting to as well going with a small 300 calories reduction from my current maintenance level. The slight reduction should enable me to still gain strength, muscle mass, and lose the bodyfat over the course of several months to get me down to contest shape in May.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD Back 12/9/10

Post  HDHITman Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Rope Cross Bench Pullover 60x20 increase weight
Underhand Pulldown 182.5x6 felt very heavy and difficult
Yates Row 160x10 followed by a 50% set of 160x5
Wide Grip Row 110x11 followed by a 50% set of 110x6
Rack Deads 225x8

Overall a decent workout but the Underhand Pulldowns seem to be another exercise where I have reached somewhat of a strength plateau, and that maybe due to the fact the weight was increasing rapidly when I was experimenting the the 4-6 rep range and found that you can get very strong using that range, but for back it does not help you to feel it at all. So I have not decided but I might change the sequence of exercises and put the pulldowns after the row, or switch to V-handle pulldowns in place of the underhand pulldowns. I say that because I have ready alot on the DC style of training and one of its principles is that if you reach a strength plateau you need to dump that exercise and start fresh with a new one to continue to make progress, and then bring it back at a later time and most find that they are to beat their previous best.

I have one more full cycle of workouts to complete before I take a New Years week lay-off from training and my diet to indulge in the festivities of the holiday.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques welcome

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD Chest/Biceps 12/13/10

Post  HDHITman Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:34 am

Decline BB Press 185x7
Incline BB Press 160x7
Flyes 75x6 50% Set 75x3
Preacher Curl 40x6
Scott Curl 40x4
Incline Hammer Curl 30x10

Overall a great workout, but I can see I am very close to overtraining and right now many of my exercises have reached at strength plateau that some reall rest will help to fix. So the week of New Years will be that lay-off, then I will ease back into the workouts the follow with a high rep low volume active recovery week (will help repair any joints that have the hell beat out of them), then straight back into the workouts with a renewed balls to the wall mentality.

Comments, Questions, Critiques welcome.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD Legs 12/16/10

Post  HDHITman Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Skipped Exercises for this workout
Leg Ext
Stiff Legged Deads
Seated Calf Raise

These were dropped to allow for an extended set on the Leg Press.

Leg Press: Normal Foot Stance (Shoulder Width) 600x17
Wide Foot Stance (Outside Shoulder Width) 600x10
Narrow Foot Stance (Inside Shoulder Width) 600x8
Rested only enough time for partner to complete his part.

Leg Curl 110x15 increase weight
Toe Presses 220x10

Overall a great workout especially the 40 increase on the Leg Press for reps is awesome. Two more workouts till my lay-off over the New Years week. Then am going to try something a little different by reducing the volume a little and adding in a powerbuilding exercise to each workout, in hopes that I can get brutally strong, brutally muscular (within my genetics of course) and as ripped as I can get for a Natural BB show in May.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques welcome,

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD Shoulders/Traps/Triceps

Post  HDHITman Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:43 am

DB Press 65x6
Side Lateral 30x10 increase weight
Cable Lateral 35x11 increase weight
DB Shrugs 90x8
Cable Pressdown 95x10 increase weight
Decline Lying Tricep Ext 70x10 increase weight
Kneeling Cable Ext 45x14 increase weight

Overall a great workout weights and reps went up in all movements so very pleased with my performance. Have one more workout before a needed lay-off and coming back with more a powerbuilding routine with less volume to try out as part of my contest prep. With that type of routine I should be able to continue increasing strength, size and reducing bodyfat on a reduced calorie diet. Looking to keep this training journal going through all of my contest prep and possible creating a second one so that members of the group can monitor my progress up to contest day.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD Back 12/23/10

Post  HDHITman Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:34 am

Pullover 70x20
Underhand Pulldown 182.5x8
Yates Row 185x10x5
Wide Grip Cable Row 120x8

Overall a good workout, took it a little easy by not performing deadlifts this workout to start the healing and recovery process sooner. Currently on a scheduled lay-off and will posting my new HD Powerbuilding (combination of my current Heavy Duty Routine and Bill Sahli High Intensity Powerbuilding) to help with my current contest prep. Hope to post that either today sometime or tomorrow even depending when I get time.

Comments, Questions and Critiques Welcome

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HDHITman's HD High Intensity Powerbuilding Routine

Post  HDHITman Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Split:
Is the same as before.
Chest/Biceps
Legs
Shoulders/Triceps
Back/Traps

WO1:
Decline Press/Dip(variation) 1x4R/P or SS3-5
R/R 5 Minutes
Flyes 1x12-15
Incline Press 1x3-5/4-8
Preacher/Incline Curl 1x4-8
Scott/Concentration/Hammer Curl 1x12-15

WO2:
Squat (variation) 1x4R/P/SS3-5
R/R 5 Minutes
Leg Ext 1x20-25
Leg Press 1x10-15
Leg Curl 1x20-25
Toe Presses/Seated Calf Raise 1x15-20/8-12

WO 3:
Side Laterals 1x12-15
Cable Laterals 1x12-15
R/R 5 Minutes
Close Grip Bench Press/Bench Dips 1x6-10
Triceps Pressdown 1x12-15
Decline Lying Triceps Ext 1x6-10

WO 4:
Deadlift (variation) 1x3-5
R/R 5 Minutes
Bent-over Rows 1x4-8
Straight Arm Lat Pulldown 1x12-15
Pulldown (Neutral or Underhand) 1x6-10
DB Shrugs 1x10-15

As you can see I have done my best to mix things up in the sense that all major muscle groups get power/density at each workout and secondary muscles get density/power. I think combining bodybuilding and powerbuilding in this way will enable me to maintain/gain lean body mass during a pre-contest calorie reduction, lose body fat, and ensure that I suffer no overuse injuries by keeping the joints, ligaments, and tendons strong. Also with Bill Sahli's help this combo should also allow for minimal CNS, physical, and physiological burnout follow all power work (powerlifting) with density work (bodybuilding). In simple terms the power work will build size and strength and the density work will build thickness and size on my body while maintaining an aesthetically and symmetrically pleasing appearance for BB judges.

Goals:
January: Increase LBM +4 lbs/Lose 10.5 lbs of fat
February: Increase LBM +4 lbs/Lose 10.5 lbs of fat
This should bring me down to 200 lbs of total body weight and a BF% of 10%

March: Maintain/Gain LBM/Lose 6-7 lbs of fat
April: Mainitain/Gain LBM/Lose 6-7 lbs of fat
This should bring me down to 190-188 lbs of total body weight and a BF% of 4%

At above point I will maintain my diet, and stop training entirely 2 weeks (Week 1: May 2nd-May 6th, Week 2: May 9th-15th) prior to the contest date of Saturday May 14th to recover and prepare for the contest. FYI: This will be my first Natural Bodybuilding Contest so I am only going to care about learning as much as I can about myself, contest prep, and my experience so that I can do better the next time (if I place well it will only be icing on the cake and make it easier).

Hope all this makes sense.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques Welcome,

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

Post  Silverback Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:10 pm

I like that routine ALOT!!! I'm actually considering something similar, but with a bit less volume as I will be Coaching/Training the San Shou Team that my Sifu has... Hopefully taking as many as we can down to Texas in July for the championships!!! But I'm considering this type of routine all based on a M-W-F schedule...

Week 1
M-Chest/Biceps
W-Legs/Abs
F-Back/Traps

Week 2
M-Legs/Abs
W-Delts/Triceps
F-Legs/Abs

Week 3
M-Chest/Biceps
W-Legs/Abs
F-Back/Traps

etc....
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

Post  HDHITman Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:16 pm

I can see your point I would not be able to use the routine I have on a MWF schedule without a reduction of volume. So hopefully soon you will be posting your journal here as well, I would love to see your numbers and how mine compare. Any type of competition with a fellow HITter can always make training better and more productive.

Hope training is going well

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD HIT Powerbuilding Chest/Biceps 1/3/11

Post  HDHITman Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Decline Press (Max Effort)(Rest/Pause) 275x1x1 with a little assistance 245x1x1 with a little assistance
Rest and Recuperate 5 minutes
Flyes 70x12 a little to heavy for doing a 12-15 rep range set
supersetted with
Incline Press 155x3
Rest and Recuperate 2 minutes
Preacher Curl 50x8 increase weight
Scott Curl 30x15 increase weight

DC style loaded stretches to end the workout.

All in all a great new workout, alot stronger that I thought I would be but went for it anyway on the Decline Press. With just one workout in I can tell already that I am going to love this program fusion (Mike Mentzer's HD HIT and Bill Sahli's HIT Powerbuilding) that I written out. So basically this program will help me achieve maximum size and strength on a slightly reduce calorie pre contest diet. I do want to say though that I am a natural bodybuilder first and foremost, but I know that I need to be strong to achieve both hence the fusion program.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman.
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:57 pm

Great workout my Friend... Take care on a slightly restricted diet intake so as not to burn out and/or hurt yourself!!! I know you know what your doin, just wouldnt feel like a friend if I didnt at least voice my ideas...

Hows the body and joints feeling??? I remember my joints would hurt alot easier on a restricted intake... Any progress pics???

Train HARD Brotha!!!
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 pm

They are great so far only have had one workout Legs are tonight though. The way I have the workout structure through Bill Sahli's help at his forum they should stay healthy because I follow all the max effort lifts with either a pre-exhaust superset of a straight set of high reps to as Bill puts it reduce the stress after the ME and to bring blood to the muscle and joints because of the high rep pump you get will keep joints healthy. Also I plan to do 3-4 cycles (blast) all out with the workout I have listed then follow up with 1-2 cycles (cruise) of reduced volume (dropping the ME lifts) and low stress (keeping the pre-ex and high rep training) to heal the CNS, my body, and the joints (tendon/ligaments). So will be using the following ideas from DC training: loaded fascia stretches and the idea of blast and cruise cycles or it is also a little of DY/MR style periodization for every balls to the wall cycles you have to follow that with a lower intensity/lower stress cycle(s) to heal the body and be fresh to go balls to the wall again.

So if I am able to do all this I should be able to make bring the best body I can even on a calorie reduction diet, this style of cycling intensity and stress should allow me even to make size and strength gains throughout my contest prep and keep my body injury free. My plan also is to not train the last week of April and first week of May or in other words peak two weeks early and just coast (maintain diet or lose the last couple of pounds and heal up completely) through till the contest the following. Will have pics soon I promise hope to post them weekly with this journal on this forum, Bill's and highintensity.net as well to keep the HIT world posted on my progress. I just hope everyone understands this is my first contest and I will treat it as a learning experience for other contest and if I place that is a side effect of all my hard work.

Thanks

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman

P.S. I do own all the proper powerlifting safety equipment as recommended in Bill Sahli's HIT Powerbuiling Ebook so I should be able to keep my joints safe and healthy. With research I have been doing Powerbuilding seems to be legit and I have always wanted to be brutally strong, as muscular as my genetics allow (without drugs) and keep a year round 8-10% (fluctuating no higher than 5% above those numbers during an off season mass phase before a slight calorie restriction to bring the my numbers back in line with zero muscle loss) BF (contest BF of 3-5%).
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD HIT Powerbuilding Legs 1/6/11

Post  HDHITman Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:21 am

Squat (variation) (Max Effort) (4R/P) 360-failed reduced weight 320x1x1x1
Leg Ext 60x22
Leg Press 630x10
Leg Curl 50x31 increase weight

Skipped Exercise(s)
Toe Presses
Notes: With it being that time of year for everyone to get into training gym was busy and partner was late so instead of pre-exing on the leg ext to leg press we did reverse order.
Also had to do the Squats using the Smith Machine, not the greatest piece of equipment I think to getting into a groove for powerbuilding just my opinion so next time should be able to variations of free weight squats, also will try during this training cycle barbell hack squats.

Overall pleased with the workout but still trying to find my weights and make improvements in my physique, but so far I am okay with my progress and am very surprised about some of the weights I am using.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Excellent... You really seem to have it down, Best Wishes!!!
Great workout, HIGH reps too, good stuff, keep it up!!!

Here is what I'm doing, since I have San Shou training 3 days a week that will really tax me and go a LONG way in the cardio department, hopefully getting me ready for my contest in October!!!

Here is my plan of attack:

Full body (Big-3) w/auxiliary work ( 1 set of each done in the DC style)

Week 1
Monday
Legs-2 exercises
Back-1 exercise
Chest-1 exercise
Delts-1 exercise

Friday
Legs-1 exercise
Back-2 exercises
Chest-1 exercise
Triceps-1 exercise

Week 2
Monday
Legs-1 exercise
Back-1 exercise
Chest-2 exercises
Biceps-1 exercise

Friday
Legs-2 exercises
Back-1 exercise
Chest-1 exercise
Delts-1 exercise

rinse and repeat...

Comments or critiques welcome Brotha!!!

Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 pm

Looks like a pretty solid set-up to me, especially with everything else you have going on that will tax your recovery ability. I just recently made a new HD HIT Powerbuilding routine for the two guys I am training (classic ectomorphs) that you might like or may want to try. If you want to take let me know and I can email it and you can tell me what you think of it. Also are you going to be posting your routine and journal here as well? I have mine posted here, at Bill Sahli's forum and at highintensity.net as well getting alot of feedback and motivation.

Well till next time Brotha HIT HARD

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverback Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Definatly send it to me... would love to check it out!!! I will start a journal here... I have strep throat right now tho so I will be outta comission for a while!!! Train Hard my Brotha!!!
Silverback
Silverback

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD HIT Powerbuilding Shoulders/Triceps 1/10/11

Post  HDHITman Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 am

Side Laterals 20x17
Cable Laterals 30x12 to heavy for rep range worked the biceps pulling so hard to reach it
Close Grip Bench 90x12 increase weight
Triceps Pressdown 70x13
supersetted with
Decline Lying Triceps Ext 70x5

Overall a great workout. The only thing I am realizing right now is that the high reps on shoulder, biceps and triceps is really making it hard to complete the full ROM of movements due to the increased pump. This is due to the fact that as the muscle swells with fluid and nutrients it limits the range that you can get, but I continue to failure regardless of the fact until I can not move the weight regardless of the ROM I am getting.

Also because this workout seems to be very easy there is a possibility of changing my 4 way split into a 3 way split of a Push, Pull, and Legs more of a true Powerbuilding set up.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD HIT Powerbuilding Back 1/13/11

Post  HDHITman Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Full Deadlifts 325x3
Bent-over Rows 185x9 increase weight
Underhand Pulldowns 110x15 increase weight.

Overall a great and taxing workout, plus I set a new PR on Deadlifts previous PR was 315x5. Also looking to change up my split a little so I can get a 3-way split instead of a 4-way because having two small bodyparts as a workout just makes it to easy. So far I have to decided on what split I will use that will allow recovery and still allow for the use of Max Effort lift each workout. Also my start up of the strict phase of the newest version of the Anabolic Diet starts Monday, hopefully all goes well I can use the diet throughout my contest prep.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques welcome

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD HIT Powerbuilding Chest/Shoulders/Triceps 1/17/11

Post  HDHITman Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Dip (ME) BW(230)+70x1/1/1/1
Cable Crossovers 30x24
supersetted with
Decline Press HS 230x3
Side Laterals 25x12
Tricep Pressdown 70x16
supersetted with
Decline Lying Tricep Ext 70x6

Overall great workout and I am really liking the my workout set-up. Also you can see that I did decide to go to a 3-way split instead of the 4-way split I did have. In this I hope I will reduce overlap and increase recovering ability of the major muscle groups and the secondary groups as well. Only into day 2 of the updated version of the Anabolic Diet strict introductory phase and feeling okay, the only thing I have done is add a pre-workout supplement to help with the initial low energy during workouts due to my body changing fuel systems.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD HIT Powerbuilding Legs 1/20/11

Post  HDHITman Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:59 am

Squat (Free Weight) 275x1x1x1x2 increase weight next workout
Leg Ext 70x25 increase weight next workout
supersetted with
Leg Press 630x11
Leg Curl 60x23 increase weight next workout

Overall great workout, on the plus side it becoming more apparent that I am much stronger than I originally thought myself to be. Just based on adding the powerbuilding into my routine is making huge difference in my size and making my foundation stronger and giving new shape to my body as well.

Comments, Questions, Critiques Welcome

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD HIT Powerbuilding Back/Biceps 1/24/11

Post  HDHITman Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 am

Rack Pulls (ME) 365x3
Bent over Rows 205x8 increase weight
Underhand Pulldown 115x16 increase weight
Preacher Curl (ME) 60x4
Concentration Curls 20x12

As you can a great workout all around, and every workout I am suprising myself at how strong naturally that I truely am. So size and strength are increasing almost day to day so far and I am loving it, and the comments being made by friends, family and my wife are great and positive about my size increases, strength increases, and body fat loss. Also have to admit the newest version of the Anabolic Diet is going great everyday I get closer to my first carb refeed.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 3 Empty HD HIT Powerbuilding Chest/Shoulders/Triceps 1/27/11

Post  HDHITman Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:36 am

Decline Press (ME) 245x3
Dips BWx10
Cable Crossovers 50x11
Side Laterals 25x14
Tricep Pressdown 75x12
Decline Lying Tricep Ext 70x8

Overall a good workout, but not please with my Max Effort numbers on chest. The reason for that is because I think that I am being to ego driven on the max effort or by switching between the decline barbell press and dips as my max efforts there is not enough carry over between the two. I would love to hear others thoughts on this. I am also looking to reduce the volume by dropping to just one tricep exercise instead of two to save some recovery ability to see if that helps.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next