High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

+2
Ciccio
HDHITman
6 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO1: 7/15/11

Post  HDHITman Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Squat 230x10
Dip BW+20x12
Bent-over Row 225x8 increase weight next workout
Close Grip Bench Press 160x5

Overall another great workout except the weight is getting heavy on the Bent Rows and the grip is again becoming a problem that I very much need to take care of. Diet continues to be productive and so does the training.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques Welcome

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 7/19/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 am

Deadlift 330x5
Military Press 125x6
Pull Up Neutral Grip BWx6
Barbell Curl 80x6
Pinwheel Curls 35x9

Overall a good workout and I am pleased with the current progress so far, need to work more on my diet but I am currently working on that so but I am moving in the right direction.

Comments, Questions, Critiques Welcome

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO1: 7/22/11

Post  HDHITman Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Squat 245x10
Dips BW+35x7
Bent Over Row (Fat Gripz) 135x8 increase weight next workout
CGBP 2 inches off chest 160x7

Overall a good workout, and currently all exercise after core lifts I will use fat gripz to work my crushing and support grip. Pinch gripping will be added to WO2 after the workout is over. I will also be adding in some ab work to each workout after the main exercises are completed.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 7/26/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:39 am

Deadlift 350x6
Military Press 130x7
Pull-Up Neutral Grip with Fat Gripz BWx4
Barbell Curl with Fat Gripz 80x8 increase weight next workout,

Hex DB Pinch Grip Holds 25x25 seconds

Overall a great workout and I felt really strong today especially on the deadlifts and militaries. Progress is being made and diet is going well body fat is dropping with no loss of strength so far, I might be bold in saying that muscle mass is being gained on this Leangains 16/8 with one pre-workout meal option and Anabolic Diet protocol.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 7/29/11

Post  HDHITman Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Squat 260x8
Dips BW+50x5
Bent-over rows (w Fat Gripz) 160x10 increase weight next workout
Close Grip BP (w Fat Gripz) 160x10 increase weight next workout

Overall another great and strong workout. I must say if anyone tells you that you can increase strength and size without carbs or intermittent fasting tell them they are dead wrong I havent felt stronger. One more workout on Tuesday and this macrocycle is over where I will deload by doing a bodybuilding style workout similar to the one that Bill just posted on his blog with some exercises that I prefer and do the sets in the higher rep range to help heal the body and give it some rest from the very heavy stuff I have been doing while maintaining my diet.

On a side note I want to thank Turpin for giving me the idea to cycle (using percentages similar to Wendler 5 3 1) my top poundages for my core lifts it also helps that I am cycling my rep ranges doing it that way as well. Since I started doing it I have not felt stronger. Even got complimented by another gym goer how big I looked and asked if I had lost weight, I have been dieting but the scale weight hasnt been changing (I know I know I shouldnt rely on it but BF testing is hard to schedule) but it goes to show that people are noticing and I am doing something right.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 8/2/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:58 am

Deadlift 370x5
Military Press 140x4
Pull-Up (w/Fat Gripz) Neutral Grip BWx6x2
Barbell Curl (w/Fat Gripz) 85x4

Overall a good workout and pleased with the number. Starting on Friday and both workouts next week will be doing a low stress HIT bodybuilding routine similar to the one that Bill posted recently but with a higher rep range of 15-25 with a combination of total reps or straight sets.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO1: Deload Week Training 8/9/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:27 am

Chest Extended Set 60x17x10x6
Lat Extended Set 120x12x10x6
Shrugs 40x15
supersetted with
Incline DB Rows 40x8
Delt Extended Set 15x14x10x8x12

Overall a great workout but it does tell me that I am naturally a low rep guy because for me that is low stress. I was finding that doing the high reps that my elbows were starting to get sore due to the repeating that many reps something that I have currently down without because of the heavy low rep training nothing over ten reps ever. So my next deload with do this workout again but will make the weights heavier and each cluster in the 4-6 rep range so each cluster will be low reps but the overall set will be in the high rep range of 12-18 for upper body I think lower body will be clusters of 8-10.

Definition of the an extended set:

This is basically a modified version of rest/pause training where you start with the hardest biomechanical exercise but by changing angles or grip you turn it into a easier biomechanical exercise after each pause.

So as an example my chest extended set was this:
Incline DB Press-pause 10-15 sec-Flat DB Press-pause 10-15 sec-Decline DB Press

Wide Grip Pulldown to Underhand Pulldown to Neutral Grip Pulldown was the Lat Extended Set

Incline DB Laterals to Seated to Standing to Bent-over Laterals was the Delt Extended Set

All three are examples of this with just the change in angle or grip placement.

Comments, Questions, and Critiques Welcome,

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 8/12/11

Post  HDHITman Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 am

Squat (extended set) 135x12x12
Leg Curl (bottom stretch partials) 120x11
One Legged Calf Raise 40x9x9 (Left then Right)
DB Curl (extended set) 30x8x8
Tricep Ext (extended set) 50x9x9
Rope Pressdown 40x9

Overall a good workout and produced progress and like the first workout of the week deep level of DOMs. On Tuesday I will be back to my normal powerbuilding routine and will update you all on Wednesday.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO1: 8/17/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 am

Squat 240x8
Dip BW+25x8
BB Row (Fat Gripz) 170x6
Bench Dips 90x7
Quarter Squats 315x13 increase weight next workout

Overall a good workout making progress across the board. I still need to see in improvement in my grip, wrsit, and forearm strength so will be working those in a specialization style to get some improvement. To do this I will find 2-3 exercises that either work several of those things or exercise that targets them and rotate them each workout for one set to failure.

I am still making progress in the body fat loss department and even though I am doing the Leangain IF protocol with the Anabolic Diet eating plan I have not felt stronger(which means I am losing BF only) and my muscle mass seems to be going up in a steady fashion even though I look leaner I also am looking bigger which is exactly what I am needing right now.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 8/19/11

Post  HDHITman Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:46 am

Deadlift 340x6
Military Press 130x8
Pull Up (Neutral Grip) (negative emphasized 3/10) BW+15x3
Barbell Curl (EZ Bar) 85x9 followed immediately by Reverse Curls 65x7

Overall a good workout but I am seeing that I might start to stall on at least the Military Press soon so that could end up being an exercise that could be changed to either Press-Behind Neck or DB Military Press and have one of these exercises run its course in my abbreviated powerbuilding routine.

Sorry to everyone that follows this journal for being late about posting normally have time to post Friday but as soon as my workout was completed the family and I headed for a weekend in KC Missouri.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO1: 8/23/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:12 am

Squat 255x6
Dips BW+40x5
Pull-Up (Neutral Grip) BWx6 same as last week
BB Row 170x10

Workout was not what I expected so I think I will see what happens Friday and make a decision on a deload or a lay-off. I am just not pleased with these numbers at all I made progress just not like I have been up to this point.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 8/26/11

Post  HDHITman Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:24 am

Deadlift 360x5
OHP 135x6
Bench Dips 95x10
Barbell Curl 60x6

Overall a decent workout and I am pleased with the numbers, but there is room for improvement. So I have done some re-reading of Strength, Muscle, and Power by Brooks Kubik and found somethings that I can implement to improvement all aspects of my training mainly heavier, more progressive and greater overload to the muscle itself.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO1: 8/30/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:30 am

Squat 270x5
Dips BW+55x5
Pull-Up to the Neck BWx4
BB Row 185x10

Wrist Roller 17.5x2 It is only two because each repetition was from the dead hang of the weights to weight touching my hands.

Overall I was pleased with this workout but I am set to either do a deload (Bodybuilding style workout in the 8-12 rep range on upper body and 10-15 on lower body) week or a complete week long lay-off coming up after I complete WO2 in which I will resume training (Bodybuilding style workout in the 8-12 rep range on upper body and 10-15 on lower body) . I believe most of problem stems from intermittent sleep patterns caused by my 6mnth old teething, but last night 2 teeth (1 top 1 bottom) broke the gum so his sleeping should be back to normal and mine will improve. The only way this will not be better is if his growth spurt continues and he is eating and drinking as often has he can, the kid has a big appetite like his dad.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 9/2/11

Post  HDHITman Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am

Deadlift 380x3
OHP 145x3
Overhead Ext 60x6
EZ Bar Curl 60x8 increase weight next workout

Broomstick Twists
Reverse Crunch

Overall a decent workout and pleased with my numbers. I am currently going to be switching back to a 4 way split instead of a 2 way split in hopes that it will allow for more recovery, less overlap, and even better training numbers in the gym. I believe that my nutrition is on track but the sleeping needs to improve but that will only get better once my son's teeth are all the way in. He has been quite the crabby camper at nighty night time. So things can only get better from here and I hope there will be improvements in all aspects of my daily life, training and my nutrition.

I did substitute overhead ext for bench dips to improve my long head and also my partner was sick so it is very difficult to add weight to my lap when there is no one to help so I just did an isolation.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO1: 9/6/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:23 am

Dips BW+30x8
DB Shoulder Press 60x5
BB Row 195x8 increase weight next workout
Overhead Ext 60x10
BB Curl 65x5

Overall a decent workout still trying to bring the volume down of my workouts into something manageable but result producing within my powerbuilding set up. I believe I am just trying to mix too many systems into what I hope to be the ultimate routine but that is becoming difficult.

Also performed Overhead Ext instead of Bench Dips due to my partner not making it due to work commitments.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty HIT Powerbuilding Routine (Revision)=less volume, increased growth, and better recovery

Post  HDHITman Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:17 am

WO1:
1. Chest Dips
2. Pull-Up/Down or BB/DB Rowing
3. Grip-Forearm/Ab/Neck work

WO2:
1. Deadlift
2. Press-Behind-Neck
3. Same as WO1

WO3:
1. Squats
2. Bench Dips, Parallel Bar Dips, or Overhead Ext (only way to really work the long head of Triceps)
3. BB,DB, or Hammer Curls
4. Same as #3 of previous two workouts

Weekly Rotation of the Grip-Forearm/Ab/Neck Work

Week 1:

WO1+Grip-Forearm Work

WO2+Ab/Neck Work

Week 2:

WO3+Grip-Forearm Work

WO1+Ab/Neck Work

I will be doing WO2 today and WO3 the following Tuesday. I think this workout will be even more results producing then the previous incarnation with plenty left over for recovery and overcompensation. Plus it should give me even quicker poundage progression, strength and muscle mass with a body fat loss side effect.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 9/9/11

Post  HDHITman Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 am

Deadlift:
Warm-Ups
185x5
225x5
275x5
330x5
Workset
380x4

Military Press:
Warm-Ups
95x5
115x5
130x5
Workset:
145x4
Singles Work:
155x1 rest 30s 155x1 rest 30s 155x1 done!!

Overall a short productive routine and pleased with the workout so far, was able to leave the gym feeling like I was ready to take on the night (mainly chasing after my kids) with energy instead of having that rundown feeling.

Rep Scheme:
Since I have this new routine that I wrote about on my last post I will tell everyone how my rep scheme is going to work.

Upper Body:
HIT Modified 5x5 System: Basically 4 progessively heavier warm-ups with 1 work set to failure in the 5-8 rep range <8 stay at that weight until I get >8 then I will add 5 lbs to the following workout.
Also on some workouts I will increase weight by 10-50lbs and perform singles, doubles, and triples with 30s-45s between each single, double, or triple until I cant complete a single, double or triple after the 30s-45s rest.

Lower Body:
HIT Modified 5x6 System: Same as above except the workset will be performed to failure of 6-10 reps before increasing the weight for the next workout. Also will do some singles, doubles and triples work in addition since the volume is very low and since these are heavy but dont seem to exhaust the system as continuous reps do.

I will be doing the singles, doubles and triples in a rest/pause Brooks Kubik talks about in his book Strength, Muscle and Power.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO3: 9/13/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:23 am

Squat:

Warm-Ups:
135x5
185x5
235x5
275x3
Workset:
270x6

Bench Dips:

Warm-Ups:
60x5
80x5
Workset:
100x12

EZ Bar Curls (w/Fat Gripz)

Warm-Ups:
30x5
50x5
Workset:
70x5

Grip-Forearm Work

Trap Bar Deadlifts with Fat Gripz 225x7

Ab work

1-Tri-set of
Crunch Arms Extended above head
Hanging Leg Raises
Side Bends

Overall a good workout and I am pleased with the numbers even though I overestimated what I thought I could do for my top set of squats(shooting for 300, but my warm-up of 275 I struggled with 275 so lowered my workset to 270). I think I am weak in the posterior chain so I am thinking of adding in the good morning after squats to help with strengthening that, this will also have a second benefit of help build up my deadlift numbers as well.

This was another workout where I left the gym not feeling exhausted and that I didnt do enough work, which I know now is the best way to train in this style because I know for a fact I stimulated growth but I didnt annihilate the muscles either.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO1: 9/16/11

Post  HDHITman Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:41 am

Chest Dips
Warm-Ups:
External Rotations 5x10
External Rotations 5x10
BWx5
BW+17.5x5
Workset:
BW+35x8 increase weight next workout

Pendlay Rows
Warm-Ups: With Fat Gripz
135x5
145x5
155x5
165x5
Work Set:
175x8 increase weight next workout
I reduce the weight on these some because this version of BB rows is the most strict of all of the variations

Underhand Pulldown
Warm-Up
140x5
Work Set:
160x8 increase weight next workout

Grip
Wrist Roller 20x2 small number of reps due to the fact that for it to count a rep you go all the way up and resist it all the way down.
Pinch Gripping using the homemade wrist roller from above pinched two plates together with 20 hanging from the handle 20x10secx10sec

Abs
Cable Crunch
30x10x10
supersetted with
BWx10x10

Overall a great workout where I produced growth quickly but didnt feel like I got hit by a bus when I left had the feeling that if I gave it an hour I could go back in a train again. Since I am very low volume now I added the pulldowns just for some extra stimulation of the lats to increase my width.
Ab work was NTF just for a burn. Grip on the other hand was to failure.

So far so good on this new routine and I am loving it.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO2: 9/20/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:44 am

Deadlift: Bar 2 inches below knee
Warm-Ups
185x5
235x5
285x5
335x5
Work set:
380x5

OHP:
Warm-Ups:
External Rotations 5x10x5
95x5
125x5
Work set:
145x6

Grip-Forearm Work:
Reverse Curls with Fat Gripz 40x10x5

Ab work:
Hanging Leg Raises BWx10x10
supersetted with
Good Mornings 20x10x10

Overall a great workout and I am still making great progress. I am thinking of moving the bar on deadlifts to knee height more like a rack pull or switching to Good Mornings to really build new muscle in the posterior chain.

I have decided to do a 24 week recomposition plan to get my body fat % down to 10% and my total body mass down to between 205-210 from my current 230. That will make it so it is possible to do a natural bodybuilding show sometime in the spring. This will be down with proper nutrition, conditioning work, and this abbreviated training routine.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO3: 9/23/11

Post  HDHITman Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Squat
Warm-Ups:
135x6
135x6
185x6
235x6
Work Set:
270x7
Parallel Bar Dips
Warm-Ups:
BWx5
BW+1x5
Work Set:
BW+25x9 increase weight next workout
EZ Bar Curls
Warm-Ups:
30x5
50x5
Work Set:
70x6

Grip-Forearms
Farmer's Walk
3" Thick DB 70x40ft roughly
2" Thick DB 70x40ft roughly

Abdominals
Side Bends 40x10x10
superset with
Reverse Hyperextensions BWx10x10

Overall a good workout and I am pleased with my number thus far. I will continue to improve in hopes of dropping bodyfat level and gaining lean body mass over the next 24 weeks.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty WO1: 9/27/11

Post  HDHITman Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 am

Chest Dips
Warm-Ups:
External Rotations 5x5x5
BWx5
BW+35X5
Work Set
BWx55x6
Pendlay Rows
Warm-Ups:
140x5
150x5
160x5
170x5
Work Set:
180x7
Underhand Pulldowns
Warm-Ups:
130x5
150x5
Work Set:
170x5

Grip-Forearms:
Plate Pinching 30x10 secx10 secx 10 sec

Abdominals:
Cable Crunch 40x10x10
superset with
Hyperextensions BWx10x10

Overall a decent workout but it is becoming apparent that a scheduled lay-off needs to be performed once this cycle of workouts concludes next Tuesday. The lay-off will Wednesday October 5 (the day after WO3) and run through Monday October 17th with workouts resuming on Tuesday October 18th. Starting on the 18th I will resume workouts training in a bodybuilding style of training using a 4 way split similar to Bill's, after this 2 week period I will resume my current powerbuilding routine to further build my strength and muscle mass.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty Re: HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

Post  T Knuckles Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Just a question for you Daron, are you working in Kilo's or pounds?

Cheers,

Trent

T Knuckles

Back to top Go down

HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal - Page 6 Empty Re: HDHITman's Current Training program and Journal

Post  HDHITman Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:10 am

All my weights are in pounds and my bodyweight is about 230 lbs.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Did WO2 on Friday with very poor results so it is time for a 11 day lay-off for me with some tweeks to current training program to build the posterior chain (low back, glutes, and hamstrings) and the back. Also working to increase flexibility is the back and posterior chain as well to help with recovery and should help lifts like the deadlift and squat. My next workout will be Tuesday October 11th.

HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next