High Intensity Training in Practice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your diet like?

+5
landau
Turpin
Greg Roseman
thebiggfella
sgsims1
9 posters

Go down

What's your diet like? Empty What's your diet like?

Post  sgsims1 Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:49 pm

I'd love to see this topic started by Glynn and Adnan....Glynn, you did a really cool thing elsewhere where you actually took pictures of your daily meals....when you get time, could you duplicate that here?

And Adnan, how about telling everyone how you came around to your Intermittent Fasting (IF) technique?
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

https://hitinpractice.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What's your diet like? Empty Training Day Feeds – 2nd December 2009

Post  thebiggfella Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:40 pm

A picture tells a thousand words as they say. As per Steve's request above, here's some photos of everything that I ate on 2nd December 2009. It was a training day so I ate more than what I would on a non-training day. Here we go, seven feeds altogether:

Feed 1 (0845 hours)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
¾ cup oatmeal, 2 cups water, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 whole egg, mixed unsalted nuts, dried fruit & cinnamon. Yes, I know what it looks like!

WORKOUT (0940 hours)

Feed 2 (0950 hours)
1 scoop protein powder & 700 ml water, sipped over a period of an hour directly after the workout.

Feed 3 (1215 hours)
Shredded Wheat, semi-skimmed milk, dried fruit & granulated sweetener.

Feed 4 (1510 hours):
Fresh tuna steak, baked potato with olive oil, asparagus, broccoli, green beans and a spicy tomato sauce with mushrooms & courgettes.

Feed 5 (1730 hours)
Braeburn apple (if you’re interested!).

Feed 6 (1830 hours)
1 chicken breast, spinach, kale, Chinese leaf, broccoli, red onion, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, red chillies, jalapeno peppers, grapes & sugarsnap peas, dressed with olive oil & lemon juice.

Feed 7 (2145 hours)
Chicken, mushroom & courgette omelette (½ chicken breast & 3 whole eggs) with salad (spinach, kale, Chinese leaf, broccoli, asparagus, red onion, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, red chillies, jalapeno peppers, grapes & sugarsnap peas, dressed with olive oil & lemon juice).

Throughout the day, I also had the following to drink:

8 pints of water.
5 mugs of coffee
3 mugs of green tea
1 mug of fruit tea
1 can of no added sugar ginger beer

So there you have it, a typical days worth of food for a training day. All tasty, nutritious and quick and easy to prepare.

Last edited by thebiggfella on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title edited)
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

What's your diet like? Empty Looks like a ton of food!

Post  sgsims1 Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Amazing that you can get lean eating that much food....must be all the hours of cardio you do....NOT affraid
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's your diet like? Empty Diet

Post  Greg Roseman Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:27 pm

I've used IF the past year and a half along with a high fat diet. I usually don't eat till sometime between 2-4 pm and again around 8-9pm. I've found that frequent meals are just a tease. Its like limiting a drunk to one drink. Its just enough to piss you off. When I eat a high fat diet twice a day, I can have 2 meals at about a 1000 calories each. Each of my meals about 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs. No hunger, no cravings, no set schedule, don't have to plan, eat till satisfied, let hunger dictate when I eat. Just my experience. Glynn you look great and can't argue with your results. I wished I looked half as good.

Greg

Greg Roseman

Back to top Go down

What's your diet like? Empty Re: What's your diet like?

Post  sgsims1 Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Greg Roseman wrote:I've used IF the past year and a half along with a high fat diet. I usually don't eat till sometime between 2-4 pm and again around 8-9pm. I've found that frequent meals are just a tease. Its like limiting a drunk to one drink. Its just enough to piss you off. When I eat a high fat diet twice a day, I can have 2 meals at about a 1000 calories each. Each of my meals about 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs. No hunger, no cravings, no set schedule, don't have to plan, eat till satisfied, let hunger dictate when I eat. Just my experience. Glynn you look great and can't argue with your results. I wished I looked half as good.

Greg

Interesting stuff, Greg and welcome to the forum. I've had some success combining some IF techniqes with a higher protein/fat and lower carb diet. Can you share your fat loss results with this approach?
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:31 am

Greg Roseman wrote:I've used IF the past year and a half along with a high fat diet. I usually don't eat till sometime between 2-4 pm and again around 8-9pm. I've found that frequent meals are just a tease. Its like limiting a drunk to one drink. Its just enough to piss you off. When I eat a high fat diet twice a day, I can have 2 meals at about a 1000 calories each. Each of my meals about 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carbs. No hunger, no cravings, no set schedule, don't have to plan, eat till satisfied, let hunger dictate when I eat. Just my experience. Glynn you look great and can't argue with your results. I wished I looked half as good.

Greg

Hi Greg. Thanks for your kind comments and great to see you here. I've been following your progress on BBS and via your emails where you talk about IF. Adnan (AceHIT) has also had great result with it. Dr. David Shores is another guy who swears by it. He consumes all his calories between 1700 - 0000 and is going great guns on it. It's certainly another avenue to go down and opens up a whole new approach to fat loss/muscle & strength gains.

Contrary to what you've found, I like the idea of eating fairly frequently. I hope my photos above show that you can eat large portions frequently throughout the day and still keep the fat off. It's all about what you eat really, and how much of it you eat. It's easy once you settle down into a routine. I suppose IF will be the same.

The bottom line is to stick with what works for you be it frequent eating, IF or whatever. Hopefully Adnan will chip in with his experiences with IF and it would be great if you could share some more of your experiences with it.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpin Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:17 am

My diet is just fairly typical and `balanced`

B`fast; porridge ( usually one of those `oat so simple`packs ) + toast with jam

mid morn; Whey shake + a banana

Lunch; Tuna salad sandwich on wholemeal bread ( or can of mackerel + wholegrain rice)

Mid aft; Handful of nuts + piece of fruit

Evening meal ; chicken breast , broccoli

A couple of glasses of red wine in the evening.

I have looked at and was tempted by diets such as `paleo` or `Anabolic` etc , but TBH I prefer the simplicity of `normal` convienient eating.

Best wishes T.
Turpin
Turpin

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks for joining up Turpin; some of your photos and links to your videos would be GREATLY welcomed here! If you could post your current routine in the training section that would be great! Very Happy
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Turpin Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:37 am

Admin wrote:Thanks for joining up Turpin; some of your photos and links to your videos would be GREATLY welcomed here! If you could post your current routine in the training section that would be great! Very Happy

No problem , I look forward to discussing training etc with likeminded ( & rational ) individuals .

Best wishes , T.
Turpin
Turpin

Back to top Go down

What's your diet like? Empty DIET

Post  landau Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Steak, Oatmeal, Fruit, Cheat Day

landau

http://www.exercisefraud.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:23 pm

landau wrote:Steak, Oatmeal, Fruit, Cheat Day

Swap out the fruit for veggies, and I could live on this.

You staying lean, David? Question
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's your diet like? Empty Diet

Post  landau Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Lean? 160 Stripped

landau

http://www.exercisefraud.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:29 pm

landau wrote:Lean? 160 Stripped

You mean "stripped and ripped" Exclamation cyclops
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:03 pm

I follow a semi-strict Paleo diet of lean meats, vegetables, fruit, and a little dairy(prohibited if on a strict Paleo diet). My macronutrients breaks down to about 35% Protein, 45% Carbohydrates and 20% Fat, that is the basic breakdown for me the only thing that changes is caloric comsumption based on whether I am wanting to gain lean mass or burn of bodyfat. Right now I am using a modified Get Lean First program (created by John Heart you might remember him from Pure HIT). So basically Monday through Friday I eat 1500 calories(train twice per week) following the above macros, then most of the day Saturday I use a Intermittent Fasting protocol that allows a protein shake for breakfast then just snacking on small portions of fruit and veggies till roughly 5-6 pm then I eat one large meal of whatever I want till I have satiety. Sunday I will have my free day and I will eat whatever I want all day within reason and satiety, this allows me to get the foods I crave and slip at little away from the Paleo. Also Sunday I really dont count the number of calories or number of meals either, just use it as a reload to get through the next week. Doing it this way give me at least a 2-3lbs loss per week with no cardio.

Thank you comments and critiques welcome.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bmalcolm Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Where is John Heart by the way?

Bmalcolm

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:11 am

Typical day during the week (mon-sat):

6:15-30
big mug of coffee w.milk
1 Egg shake (4 raw eggs, 100ml milk, 100ml water, 2 teaspoons dextrose, half a scoop of whey)

12:30-13:00
Whey-shake or Banana or a handfull of nuts, sometimes skip alltogether
big mug of coffee w.milk

~19:00
hot cacoa drink, made form 4 teaspoons organic cacoa with cinamon, honey, black pepper, teaspoon of creatine

~20:00
400-500 gramms of meat (all kind of) or fish/shrimps
Big plate of veggies (often: red pepper, tomato, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower. sometimes: peas, beans, eggplant, leafy salat)
~every 2nd day: 150 g of rice or pasta
small glass of cherry or cranberry juice

sunday:

all you can eat whenever you want! Cool

Franco
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  Jozzzef Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:04 am

Bmalcolm wrote:Where is John Heart by the way?

It'd be very beneficial to have him here. He's a great guy and knows the topic!

Jozzzef

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:08 am

Ciccio wrote:

sunday:

Franco

Get yourself off to an all you can eat Chinese buffet! I'm going out for an Indian meal and a beer or ten tonight. I don't do that every week, maybe twice a month on average. Nice. Twisted Evil
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:11 am

I haven't a clue what he's been up to. I've not seen or heard anything about him since Pure HIT closed.
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  HDHITman Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:22 am

He is very busy from what I have read. He was able to work out a deal with Mentzer's business partner Joanne Sharkey, so along with being able to have phone consultation with John Little, you also have the option if you are going to be in the California area to purchase in the gym training done by John Heart, but I am not sure what the cost is on that I am going to assume for the 250 you get the a 1hr session and two half hour session after that just like you do with the phone consultations.

Daron
The Heavy Duty HITman
HDHITman
HDHITman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sgsims1 Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Good question! John is one of the few old-school HIT guys who I haven't had the pleasure of being in contact with. If anyone knows him and would like to invite him, please do.
sgsims1
sgsims1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccio Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:02 am

thebiggfella wrote:
Ciccio wrote:

sunday:

Franco

Get yourself off to an all you can eat Chinese buffet! I'm going out for an Indian meal and a beer or ten tonight. I don't do that every week, maybe twice a month on average. Nice. Twisted Evil

I was a bit showing off I have to admit! Rolling Eyes
It would be more correct to write "all you WANT TO eat whenever you want"! Wink
Except for the chocolate (Ritter Sport "Olympia") I stuck to the normal day schedule yesterday.
Chinese buffets aren't my thing really, the indian stuff on the other hand... cyclops
Ciccio
Ciccio

Back to top Go down

Post  thebiggfella Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 am

The Indian meal was excellent as usual: assorted tandoori, naan and a chapati. The lager and Guinness weren't too bad either! The same place does an all you can eat lunch buffet which I have to admit, I've visited on more than one occasion. Lovely grub!
thebiggfella
thebiggfella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down